Harry Styles Just Released His First Solo Album And We're Obsessed

It is pretty amazing

42
Harry Styles

Harry Styles is a name I'm sure most of you have heard of. He's that one guy from that one band (One Direction if you didn't know) who has sold countless tickets to two full stadium tours and more. I think they also had a single called "What Makes You Beautiful" but don't quote me.

With the band going solo for the time being and talk of an album being released high expectations were set. On May 12th, 2017 Harry Styles released his first self titled album and thus a new era began.

'Harry Styles' consists of 10 songs ranging in all types of sounds from the softer ones with acoustic guitars to the "this is a rock song" ones that feature a 'duck like' sound which is actually just the man himself with some effects added on. It's fantastic really.

'Meet Me in the Hallway' is the first song we hear and leaves everyone wanting more followed by a song that does just that which is 'Sign of the Times' which has also been his first single and has a music video of him spanning thousands of feet in the air, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4ooNx77u0

With 'Two Ghosts' following it turns raw and emotions flow through his lyrics. It makes you sit and pause wondering if this man has been hurt with lyrics such as "We're not who we used to be, we're just two ghosts standing the in place of you and me trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat." Seriously, who hurt him.

'Sweet Creature' gives you a taste of his tender voice with an acoustic guitar that's so simple but intricate at the same time.

'Only Angel' is where the tables turn in a way you weren't expecting. It sounds like heaven at the beginning with the choir and piano playing and just when you think you're about to hear his soft melodic voice the rock come in at full force along with his screaming. 'Kiwi' follows shortly after in the same type of fashion really getting into the hard rock.

Throughout the entire album you get reminders of artists like Queen, Bowie, the Beadles, and even Prince in songs such as 'Woman' that gives off that slow jam vibe with it's catchy "la la la la la la la la wo-woman" in the chorus.

The end of this 40 minute listen is 'From the Dining Table' which is a slow song. Ending this 10 track album with a song like this leaves it at a calming note but also makes you want more than has been given. It also shows his talent as a singer and songwriter.

Now, I may be a little bit bias because I've been a fan of him for so long so here's your chance to give it your own opinion. Give this album a listen, I'm sure you won't have a problem finding it or loving it, just search 'Harry Styles'.