All 8 "Harry Potter" Films Ranked From Worst To Best

In honor of Harry Potter's birthday being last week, I thought it'd be fun to take a stroll down the film of the past and look at all the spell-tastic movies Harry Potter had to offer. More specifically, the best of the franchise and, arguably, the not so good. This was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, because I absolutely love this movie franchise to bits. The films and the book series are an immense part of my childhood (and my life now). Just keep that in mind before you come for my neck.

8. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows -- Part Two"

Rose Weasley along with James and Albus Potter

Sci-Fi

This was incredibly hard, because I don't hate this movie--it's just missing something. Since this is the final battle of Hogwarts, the movie is expected to be intense and dark, but it feels a bit standstill in the middle. Maybe it's because everyone's older and things are less light-hearted but I don't feel drawn to it. It's also extremely gloomy.

7. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows -- Part One"

Harry and Hermione visit Harry's parent's grave in Godric's Hollow.

Hero Complex

This movie is thrilling and has a lot of great scenes. The multiple Harrys at the beginning, the Golden Trio (Harry, Ron and Hermione) camping, the Magic of Ministry trick--those are things I can pinpoint from the movie and have the ability to make me smile, too. But, like "Part Two," it's just a bit too gloomy to watch every so often.

6. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"

Factinate

I have to be honest here: I haven't seen this movie in years (shocker) and, in so, don't have any strong feelings towards it. It's a classic though, and you can feel the magic in this movie. Maybe if I watch it again, my rating will change.

5. "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"

Wallpaper Abyss

Truly a good movie. Seeing Tom Riddle's childhood was definitely interesting and the Basilisk was a great creature to have lurk through the halls of Hogwarts. Harry and Ron driving a flying car to Hogwarts? A Classic. The Quidditch scene with the rogue bludger and Draco was laughter-filling. It may not be a fan favorite, but it's cute! Just not top tier.

4. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

Medium

"The Half-Blood Prince" was the hardest to place because the movie is really, really good, even though a lot of people don't seem to like it. I've always been attached to this movie and the feeling of its dark charm. It's just the little things that are a bit tiresome. Harry and Ginny's love thing seems forced and unnecessary, as well as the love triangles going on in this movie. Though, the one thing that shines in this film is Draco Malfoy; he is the movie's highlight. Also, while many may hate Snape, seeing fragments of his past was interesting and helped shape his character and conjour some feelings of empathy towards him.

3. "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

Harry Potter Wiki

Before you yell, this is a great movie. Two of the best characters of all time are introduced in this movie: Sirius Black and Remus Lupin; interesting plots are introduced, and we get to see Hogsmeade live. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just fine. The one cool thing was seeing the dementors introduced. It definitely brought the darker element of the Wizarding World to the movies. Also, The Boggart scene during the Defense Against the Arts class was perfect.

2. "Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire"

Quirky Byte

This movie is insane. The Triwizard Tournament is such an interesting concept and theme, and it worked really well. The Yule ball is magical, Harry and Ron are sporting some insane hair, and having David Tennant in any film makes it ten times better. The only itty-bitty thing that irks me about this movie is Ron's attitude during most of the film. But, it doesn't help that he's not one of my favorite characters.

1. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"

Geek Tyrant

"Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix" is the best Potter movie in the franchise. Inarguable. We see a more troubled and bitter side of Harry from Cedric's death which really changes the tone of the movie. There's also more of Sirius (this is the most we see him!), the scene at the Ministry of Magic, the Weasely Twins' joke shop, as well as Dumbledore's Army form. This movie also introduces Luna Lovegood, the silly and light-hearted character we crave and features Neville more in a less ridiculed way. 10/10.