From The Girl Who Is Done Getting Attached Because Everyone Leaves

One-sided attachment makes her love herself a little less and loses sight of who she’s wanting to become.

315

Want to know why she doesn’t get attached?

She doesn’t get attached because she’s realized that attachment makes her cling to things she doesn’t always need. She doesn’t get attached because not everyone who says they’re going to stay, stays.

She doesn’t get attached because attachment makes her chase things that were never hers, to begin with. Attachment blurs her vision and she loses sight of who she is because she’s trying too hard to keep someone who doesn’t want to be kept.

She doesn’t get attached because she’s learned not everyone stays. There is a blessing in holding on and letting go. She realized that attachment holds her back from becoming who she wants to become because she’s too busy chasing that person instead of focusing on what makes her happy.

She doesn’t get attached because not everyone means what they say. People don’t keep their promises. They don’t always come back. They don’t always love you like they say they do, and even if they do love you they have a funny way of showing it. She knows that some people change their minds overnight and attachment always ends in disappointment.

She doesn’t get attached because she’s learned that one-sided attachment hurts like hell. One-sided attachment always brings her pain.

One-sided attachment makes her forget her own self-worth.

She’s realized that once she’s attached she forgets who she is, and become a person she swore she would never be. She doesn't get attached because she vowed to never lose herself again.

She doesn’t get attached because she’s finally learning how to let go. She’s learning that her heart isn’t always right and sometimes she shouldn’t be so open with herself. She’s slowly learning that attraction can be blind, and she’s learning how to let go of everything that makes herself question her self-worth.

She doesn’t get attached because she’s learning to love again, but she knows now that the two aren’t the same. You can love someone from afar. Letting someone go is sometimes the best kind of love.

She doesn’t get attached anymore because she’s tired of people pulling away, people changing the way they view her, people not knowing what they want after a while. She doesn’t get attached because people leave and maybe the whole point of love is to that enjoy it while it lasts instead of trying to cling to it forever.