A Happy Heart is A Thankful Heart

A Happy Heart is A Thankful Heart

Seven things/people I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Season

121
A Happy Heart is A Thankful Heart
Passion Academy

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it seems fitting to make a list of what I am thankful for! I encourage everyone to do this. It is a great exercise for anyone with anxiety, depression, or even someone who just needs to see the good in their life! So, here are seven things/people I am thankful for in no particular order:

1. My Boyfriend

This boy and I have truly grown up together. We met when I was 15 and we have been together for 5 years. Words cannot even express how thankful I am for this boy right here. He supports me in everything I decide to do. He was there for all the health problems, the surgeries, the anxiety, the depression, and everything in between. I truly do not know what I would do without him and I am beyond blessed to have him in my life.

2. Dance

I started dancing for fun at the age of ten. However, over the years it has turned into so much more than that. Dance has become my escape and my stress reliever. It allows me to escape from whatever I was dealing with and allowed me to express whatever I was feeling and going through. I am thankful for all of my teachers and fellow dancers that supported me through my years of dancing.

3. My Mom

My mom is one of my greatest support systems. I am able to call her with any problem I have and I know that she will be there for me. She is my shoulder to cry on, my advice giver, my shopping buddy, and my walking in the dark phone call. She supports me in everything I do, even when I call her in the middle of a semester and tell her I am changing my major as a sophomore in college. She has given me unconditional love and given me experiences I didn't know were possible (like finally fulfilling my lifelong dream of riding a dolphin). I love her so much and I am so thankful I have her as a Mom!

4. My Dad

Whether my Dad believes it or not, I have always been a Daddy's girl. He was there when I got hurt, tried to make it to all of my activities, picked me up from dance practice, and showed me how I should be loved. My dad has always supported me in my decisions and has tried to help me get where I have wanted to go. He may have given me short legs and a high forehead, but I am still thankful that he is my Dad. I am also thankful that when my Mom grounded me he still let me go out and play with my friends (haha, but seriously he did). I love you and I wouldn't want anyone else for a Dad!

5. My Best Friend

What can I even say about this girl right here. She has been my best friend since fourth grade (wow, we are old)! We do not talk all of the time but I know that she is always there for me! She has been there for countless sleepovers, crushes, middle school breakups, inside jokes and vacations. I have no doubt in my mind that this is a friendship for the rest of our lives. I love you and miss you so much and I am beyond thankful for our friendship and the love we share for each other.

6. My Nana

My Nana lost her fight to breast cancer when I was five years old, which was 15 years ago. I did not get a lot of time with her, but I have more memories with her than anyone else. She was always there to play with me and make me all the food I could ever want (probably why I was a chunky child)! She gave me so much love and let me sleep with her even though I was an abusive sleeper. I will always share the time I had with her and I am thankful for every moment. I know I will see you again someday and we can pick off right where we left off.

7. My Journey

Although I didn't understand why it happened at the time, I am truly thankful for who I am today and how I got here. I am still a work in progress and don't have all the answers, but I have made it this far and will keep going. I am thankful I get to share my journey with others in hopes of helping them continue their journey. Do not forget how you got to be the person you are today, remember every moment and become stronger than you were before.