Happy Father's Day To The Men In Our Lives

Everything I am you helped me to be.

662

With Father's Day coming up within days I struggle to think of what to give my dad as a gift. I'm not a child anymore so he won't accept the rock with "Happy Father's Day" written on it (yes, that was a real gift). If you're like me, it is impossible to find a gift to give a person who gave you the world. I cannot thank my dad and the men in my life enough for setting a good example for what to expect in a man for myself.

Thank you, Dad.

Thank you for showing your love without always saying it. Thank you for your endless support in everything that I do in life. You taught me the best manners, how to burp and fart, respect for elders, respect for myself, and how family is something I will always have. Thank you for never saying no to things I ask for, especially the ones that involve me leaving the country and you paying for it. Thank you for giving me a safe space to always call home. Thank you for always making me laugh and for helping me realize I'm the crazy person I am because of you (in a good way). Thank you for taking us on vacations that only involve history because we always have to learn something, but always making sure we always have fun in life. Without you I would not know what I deserve in a man. You held the door, walked on the outside, let me go first in line, and bought me ice cream which is very important. And just thank you for being all a dad should be and more

Dad n.

1. father, guardian, protector, carer, friend 2. teacher, mentor, coach, task maker, listener 3. sports fanatic, mower man, king of corny jokes and crap facts, taxi, bank, part-time fun guy, part-time fun guy police 4. tough on the outside, soft in the middle 5. best dad a kid could ask for.

Thank you, Grandpa.

*starts sobbing*

Before there was dad, there was you. Without you to set the standards on family, I would not be as grateful as I am. Thank you for putting this family together. Thank you for showing great love to your grandkids. Thank you for having a long-lasting and loving marriage with grandma and making that #goals. Thank you for being the rock for so many people. Thank you for having such a huge impact on my life. Thank you for showing how great it is to have such a close family. Thank you personally for naming me and for holding me close telling me to stay with you. Thank you for showing me how hard it is to lose someone you love so much but then realize how you will always be with me. Thank you now for being my guardian angel and forever a lasting reminder of what it means to be family.

Thank you to all the fathers.

Thank you for sticking around to raise your kids. Or thank you for being a father figure to some child in your life. Thank you to the uncles who bring fun to get together's. Thank you to the brother(s) who show you how to start a family and all the mess and fun that comes with it. Also for being a second father, being fun and protective, giving me wonderful nieces, and personally thank you for serving our country. Thank you to the brother-in-law(s) who love our sisters just as much as we do, for taking her into your family but also being a part of ours, and for the perfect family you have started.

"Everything I am you helped me to be."