21 "Hamilton" Signs Present At The Women's Marches
Politics

"I’m ‘a compel him to include women in the sequel!"

2563
Laura Heywood

Our country was blessed to have "Hamilton: An American Musical" grace our presence and we all haven't been able to get over it since. With the new election, specifically with the outcome, many people clung to the musical "Hamilton." Something powerful happened this weekend. More women participated in the Women's March on Washington compared to Trump's Inauguration.

SEE ALSO: The Best Signs From The Women's March You Need To See To Believe

There were a large amount of people that crowded Washington, D.C., but many people around the nation (and world) participated in marches located in several cities. So many people created signs to carry at the marches. I was overwhelmed to see how many "Hamilton" signs that were present at marches around the nation. There were some that completely blew me away.

1. Jay Deming (Baltimore, Maryland)

2. Gail Plummer-Davis (Denver, Colorado)

3. Landon McConnell (Kansas City, Missouri)

4. Sarah Betram (Champaign, Illinois)

5. Anne Farrand (Ann Arbor, Michigan)

6. Kayla Clark (Topeka, Kansas)

2. Anonymous (Washington, D.C.)

7. Kailie (Wichita, Kansas)

8. Joanna Cagan (Denver, Colorado)

9. Jenni Tolhurst (London, England)

10. Lindsay Brooke (N.Y.C, New York)

11. Rachel Richardson (Santa Cruz, California)

12. Mekala Alexandra Garay (Austin, Texas)

13. Melissa Stuke (Washington, D.C.)

14. Carla Kempert (Philadelphia,Pennsylvania)

15. Sophia Murphy (N.Y.C, New York)

16. Joanna Liscom (Washington, D.C.)

17. Camille Alcala (Los Angeles, California)

18. Simone Farber (Los Angeles, California)

19. Kathy Benson (Chicago, Illinois)

20. Nathalie Spiesser (Chattanooga, Tennessee)

21. Laurence Dion-Hillyard (Toronto, Canada)

We are overwhelmed. I am amazed by the amount of people that were present at the Women's Marches all around the world. When asking for these pictures from people, an overwhelming number of them told me their personal experience, including the amount of people that were present. I promise it was a rather large amount of people ranging from 2,000 to 500,000. I can't help but smile knowing how proud Lin-Manuel Miranda must be. He can't take credit for the Women's March of course. He for sure can take credit for "Hamilton". He created something so much bigger than himself. He helped people understand history. History is still happening.

The nation needs love, support, respect, and comfort in a time where many people don't know how to react to the situation. Choosing to go to the marches was a brilliant idea and I can't express the respect I have for every single person that went and didn't create any act of violence. If you haven't listened to "Hamilton" and would love a crash course in great American history, this is your shot. Remember. We are young, scrappy, and hungry. We can't throw away this shot.