8 Halloween Movies To Get In The Spooky Mood Without Causing You To Lose Sleep At Night

Since Halloween will be here before we know it, here are the best Halloween movies that aren't so scary that you won't be able to sleep at night.

1283
Photo by Andrea Davis on Unsplash

Here are eight movies to help you get in the Halloween spirit without scaring you too much.

1. "Mostly Ghostly"

This is an underrated film about a human boy helping ghost children solve their demise and is featuring Brian Stepanek from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody".

2. "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf"

I was positively obsessed with this movie when it first came out. It is definitely not too scary as it is made for children, but it is definitely a good film, especially for this season.

3. "Halloweentown"

OK if you don't love Halloweentown, what are you even doing? I personally prefer the third and fourth, but the series is a cinematic masterpiece that is fully deserving of all its hype.

4. "Twitches"

I feel like these movies are timeless and perfect for getting in the Halloween mood.

5. "Hotel Transylvania"

These movies are actually really entertaining, even for adults who don't have nostalgic attachments to them like the previously listed films. It always makes me laugh!

6. "Smart House"

OK, I know this isn't technically a Halloween movie, but I stand by this being the scariest film I have ever seen. I know it wouldn't spook me out quite as much today because I am an adult, but as a child this movie was my nightmare. If that's not enough to get you in the spooky mood, I don't know what is.

7. "My Babysitter's a Vampire"

Speaking strictly in terms of the original film here, it was brilliant to me as a quaint elementary school student. Obviously it's good if they made a whole television series based on it!

8. "Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire"

I feel like I am the only person that remembers this movie, and I honestly barely remember any of it, but I do remember it being spooky and having excellent Halloween vibes.