8 Ways To Get Spooky With Your Boo This October

Cute and cheap date ideas for the upcoming Halloween season!

818
Rachel Cotter

Looking for ways to get in the Halloween spirit? I've got you covered. Here are some of the classics.

Haunted house

Look up places near you (or make it a road trip) to go to a haunted house. It's a lot of fun!

Trick-or-treating

Put away your pride for one night, dress up, and get some free candy. Bonus if you have a themed costume together!

Handing out candy

On the other side, handing out candy can be a lot of fun. Put on your spooky Halloween socks, grab some hot apple cider, and get ready to greet all the kiddos together.

Scary movies

Scary movies are a must during the month of October (and all year). If you can't find anything good on Netflix or Hulu, go old-school and rent a DVD! Redbox is your next best bet #RIPBlockbuster.

Spooky decorations

There is no better way to get in the Halloween spirit than to decorate your living area. This doesn't have to break your budget, either! Check out the dollar store, the Target dollar section and Hobby Lobby. Get to decorating!

Haunted hayride

Just like a haunted house, this can be so much fun! If you live in the south, chances are, there is someone in a 15 mile radius doing a makeshift haunted hayride. Do it for the mems!

Carving pumpkins

Artistic or not, this is a staple date for Halloween time. Have fun with it and take cute pictures. The memories will way outlast the pumpkin.

Baking spooky good treats

Pumpkin pie and apple pie are super yummy, but if you're not the best in the kitchen, maybe go for something a little easier. Pillsbury has the BEST Halloween-themed cookies, ready to be eaten once popped into the oven (or not).