I usually start planning my Halloween costumes in mid-July.
Some may say I'm planning too far ahead, but if I don't plan that early, I end up doing something basic like a black cat or a Hooters girl. And while these costumes are still cute, there is something so much better about doing something original.
These 15 costumes are sure to have you stand out from the over used costumes that every girl goes for last minute.
1. Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie
I'm doing this costume this year and I couldn't be more excited! I love the early 2000s and trashy reality TV, so the combination of both really works for me. If you want to send this costume over the top, you can always have another friend dress up as Kim Kardashian to follow Paris around!
2. Clean Teens
My friends and I love One Tree Hill, so last year we dressed up as clean teens! It is a great way to do a One Tree Hill costume without doing the typical Raven's cheerleader or Nathan Scott jersey.
My roommate loves Sims and decided that she was going to dress up as one for Halloween. Sims can easily be turned into a group costume with a little creativity and a lot of individuality!
4. Reindeer and Santa
Senior year, my friends and I dressed up as reindeer and had our friend, who was wheelchair-bound with a broken leg, dress up as Santa. We decorated his wheelchair like a sleigh and walked around singing jingle bells. This is still my favorite costume ever, and it is one of the most comfortable too!
5. Mario Cart Characters
This costume may not be totally practical for crowded frat basements, but if you're feeling bold and competitive this costume screams fun!
6. Shark Week
This might be one of the funniest costumes I've ever seen!
7. Spice Girls
I'm totally calling dibs on Baby Spice!
8. Bob Ross
9. Slutty Road Signs
Totally funny and easy to do!
My sister's personal favorite is pig in a blanket!
11. Shark Boy and Lava Girl
This could be a cute couples costume, or you can grab your best pal and recreate this look too.
12. Shrek and Donkey
13. 101 Dalmatians
My friends and I did this costume in 8th grade. Be careful about how big your spots are or else you might have lacrosse bros following you around and calling you cows.
14. Arthur and Buster
I desperately want to find someone to do this costume with me. Arthur is an icon and taught us all that having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card, so you know you'll have fun in this costume!
15. Cards Against Humanity
Everyone's favorite card game is now everyone's favorite costume.
- 9 Halloween Costume Ideas That Use Clothing You Already Have In ... ›
- 31 Greatest DIY Halloween Costumes For College Students ›
- 14 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas ›
- 43 On-Point Halloween Costume Ideas For You And Your Squad ›
- The 10 Easiest Last Minute Costumes To Throw Together ›
- Couples Halloween Costumes & Ideas - Halloween Costumes for ... ›
- Halloween Costumes 2018 ›
- 67 Awesome Halloween Costume Ideas | Mental Floss ›
- 75 DIY Halloween Costume Ideas for Women | Brit + Co ›
- 50+ Easy Last-Minute Halloween Costume Ideas - DIY Halloween ... ›
- 100 Last-Minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas - YouTube ›
- Sexy Halloween Costumes for Women & Other Adult Costumes ... ›
- Women's Halloween Costumes & Ideas for 2018 - Spirithalloween.com ›
- Halloween Costumes for 2018 | Party City ›
- Halloween Costumes for Adults and Kids | HalloweenCostumes.com ›