Donating hair can change more than one life.

to many of us, hair is just hair

To people suffering with hair loss, your hair could be life changing.

304
to many of us, hair is just hair
Amelia Modes

You can learn a lot about someone's personality just from looking at them. Their hair, makeup, and clothing encompass their personal style and leave you with an impression, whether they intended you to have one or not. However, what happens when one of these elements is taken away from you?

Millions of people globally suffer from some form of hair loss, whether this be from a disease, genetics, or other outside factors. Hair can be utilized in many different ways, and some people even feel as if their hair is part of their identity, of who they are. However, there are so many people in the world who have been stripped from the privilege of ever having hair, or not having enough hair to over their head. While hair can be important to someone, they should consider donating because their own hair will eventually grow back while many others won't.

Recently, I decided to do just that: cut off my long hair and donate it to a charitable organization. Many hair donation organizations, such as Wigs 4 Kids and Children with Hair Loss, work on providing free wigs to children suffering from hair loss. Kids can be ruthless, and I cannot imagine the comments a child without hair may receive. Additionally, Pantene Beautiful Lengths works on providing wigs to women suffering from hair loss.

As a woman, hair can seem like such an important aspect of one's look. While I understand that may be the reason some people might not donate, think of the improvement you could make in someone's life. Plus, maybe you'll end up loving your new hairstyle! The beautiful thing about having healthy hair is that you can constantly change it up and try new things, so next time you're due for a haircut look into donating.

If you do decide to donate, try to aim for ethical organizations such as Wigs for Kids (not to be confused with Wigs 4 Kids) and Matter of Trust Clean Wave Project, which even accepts pet hair! Happy donating!