I Respect Hailey And Justin Bieber For Waiting Until Marriage

I Respect Hailey And Justin Bieber For Waiting To Have Sex, Considering How Messed Up Dating Culture Is In 2019

In a world where we swipe right for the next best thing and move along from hookup to hookup, I have a huge amount of respect for Hailey and Justin.

3

Unless you live under a rock, you've probably seen Vogue's March issue featuring newlyweds Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber. The pictures are as stunning as you'd imagine considering the team of people involved beautifying an already beautiful couple.

Vogue

Perhaps the biggest takeaway from the couple's interview was their sex life, or lack thereof. Justin Bieber opened up about how he was celibate for a year—which has taken the world by surprise—and that Hailey and Justin saved themselves for their wedding day after rekindling their romance back in June. Bieber told Vogue that he struggled with sex addiction and he attributes this decision to his desire to become closer to God.

"He [God] doesn't ask us not to have sex for him because he wants rules and stuff," said Bieber. "He's like 'I'm trying to protect you from hurt and pain.' I think sex can cause a lot of pain. Sometimes people have sex because they don't feel good enough. Because they lack self-worth. Women do that, and guys do that."

I think people forget that love isn't just a feeling. It's not lust, the honeymoon phase or chemistry. Love is a decision. It's a commitment. It's a promise.

People and fans all over the nation had something to say about the fact that Justin and Hailey sped to the courthouse to be married, and most comments were negative.

Since when is making a lifetime commitment a bad thing?

I'm sorry but if Justin Bieber can abstain from sex from a SUPERMODEL, I am pretty positive he has what it takes to stay married.

This generation is so obsessed with everything shallow. We are COMMITTED to being shallow. That's our commitment. How sad is that? We run from commitment, we run from emotions and we run from anything with any type of substance. Yet Hailey and Justin Bieber have committed themselves to God and each other, and people still find something negative to say.

It's not like Hailey and Justin thought it would be easy. They knew exactly what they were getting themselves into. Hailey said it herself, "it [marriage] is really effing hard."

"I'm not going to sit here and lie and say it's all a magical fantasy," Hailey said. "It's always going to be hard. It's a choice. You don't feel it every single day. You don't wake up every day saying, 'I'm absolutely so in love and you are perfect.' That's not what being married is. But there's something beautiful about it anyway—about wanting to fight for something, commit to building with someone."

So instead of being negative, we should applaud them, root for them, cheer them on because instead of going on the never-ending search for something better, they've committed to a never-ending journey of bettering each other with God as their No. 1.

Call me crazy, but I think that's beautiful.