5 Habits You Need To Develop To Have Your Best Semester Yet

No more pulling all-nighters.

14

As winter break comes to an end, we need to face reality. Spring semester is here. This usually means the start of pulling all-nighters, stress eating and regretting your course load. However, by following the habits listed below you are sure to thrive this semester and swing straight into the summer.

1. Become a morning person 

Starting your day off early ensures success. Even if your classes don't start until noon, consider going to the library and spending a few hours working before class to maximize your time. You'll feel more energized throughout the day and won't have to stay up until 2 a.m. studying, because you already got everything done in the morning.

2. Plan out your week ahead of time 

Planning out your schedule in advance allows you to have a clear idea for what to expect. Figure out everything you have due in the week, and assign a task for each day. You'll feel less overwhelmed if you have a clear schedule to stick by, and crossing off the assignments from your list will make you feel more accomplished.

3. Always do extra credit assignments 

Even if you have an A in the class, always do extra credit assignments. It's an easy way to ensure you'll have extra points to rely on at the end of the semester. Doing extra credit also gives you peace of mind when your grade suddenly drops after a difficult exam. Nothing is worse than begging your professor to bump your grade up at the end of term, so avoid all of that by taking advantage of these opportunities.

4. Become friends with someone in class 

Emailing professors with questions when you're confused about an assignment can be intimidating. But when you have a friend in a class you can easily text them and figure out the problem. It's also a lot more fun to study with someone than alone, and you'll have someone you can complain to about the class who'll understand.

5. Learn to make time for yourself 

There are moments where it seems like you have no time to stop working, but taking a break to do things you enjoy is so important. After a long, difficult project reward yourself by watching your favorite show on Netflix, throwing on a face mask or ordering some food. It's important to enjoy ourselves and make our mental and physical health a priority over grades.