30 Guys Share Their Feelings About Period Sex

30 Guys Reveal How They Actually Feel About Period Sex

Some of the answers may surprise you.

171

Periods aren't the most comfortable thing to talk about with men, especially period sex.

It feels as though there is such a negative stigma around it, and it's hard to tell what a man may actually think. So I decided to go ahead and ask the difficult question for you.

I knew I needed to find a wide range of men to ask and then it dawned on me — where is one place where men are completely unashamed and willing to talk about sex? I turned to the only platform that made sense: Tinder. I matched with men ranging from ages 20 to 33, and I asked them all the same question: "How do you feel about period sex?" These were their answers:

Some guys kept their replies short:

1. "Extra lube." - Mike, 21

2. "It's not bad. It's not good, but it's not bad." - Caleb, 27

3. "That's a negative for me." - Jeremy, 27

4. "I would, but only if she really wanted to." - Ryan, 22

5. "If my partner doesn't mind it, why should I?" - Cody, 26

6. "I generally pass on it." - Tyran, 24

7. "If I am using a rubber then I am fine with it, but if not it would be a no go for me." - Dawson, 20

8. "I think in the shower it's fine." - Josh, 28

9. "It doesn't bother me." - Bradley, 24

10. "Nothing wrong with it." - Dylan, 27

11. "If you're down, I'm down. That's my thoughts on all sex. I'm a pleaser, not much bothers me." - Rhett, 24

12. "Shower only if you're that horny." - Jacob, 28

13. "It personally doesn't bother me, but I don't prefer it over regular sex." - Parker, 23

14. "I usually wouldn't, but if I really liked the girl and she wanted to have sex, then I would." - James, 26

Some guys had a little more to say on the topic:

15. "Depends how long I've been with a partner. I won't be bothered if we've been together for a while and [have] an established level of trust, but I'm less likely to do it in early stages of a relationship or with someone I don't know too well." - Jeffery, 27

16. "It's been some of the best sex of my life. I have sometimes even said it feels better. Something about the wetness being a different consistency makes a different friction… so it's good with me." Payton, 21

17. "I've never done it. The idea of it is kinda gross, but in the moment when both parties are super horny not going to judge anyone for doing it… there has definitely been times when I was horny enough to want to." - Anonymous, 21

18. "No problem at all when it comes to just a little spotting. But I'm not really sure when it comes to a full-blown period unless she's my girl, and she really wanted to." - Zach, 24

19. "I had a girl I talked to for a while that really liked it, and I guess her birth control made [her] bleed less than normal so it honestly wasn't bad." - Garrett, 21

20. "Besides the mess, it feels just as good in my opinion, so I don't mind. Probably the unpopular opinion." - Austin, 21

21. "Can't say I haven't done it, but I wouldn't have done it with just anyone. Probably have to be someone I'd already been hooking up with or dating… Also, I guess it would depend on if we're talking middle/whatever time is the most bloody compared to the end of the period when it's not as much. I feel like those gotta be factors too, right?" - Austin, 24

22. "I don't mind it. I wouldn't say it's a preference of mine, but it doesn't bother me at all. Just lay down a towel and we're good." - Quan, 21

23. "Would totally be into it if it wasn't my bed… I mean honestly, I'd be down for it even if it was in my bed now that I think about it." - Brennan, 23

And some guys just brought the jokes:

24. "A little marinara sauce on the breadstick isn't so bad." - Alex, 21

25. "If the river runs red, take the dirt road." - Kolton, 26

26. "Period sex is not a preference, but it is absolutely acceptable. I'm not trying to come out looking like the Kool-Aid man, but if it's a light flow I'll probably go. I'm definitely going to want to have one or more towels handy and/or in use, but my overall opinion is that it's fine." - Jeremiah, 33

27. "Real men don't give a f*ck about that. We're loving our women 24/7." - Austin, 23

28. "Sex is sex. Not a female's fault she bleeds from her coochie." - Kelley, 21

29. "What's the point of having a sword if it's not going to get bloody?" - Hunter, 23

30. "I'm a captain that also sails the Red Sea." - Kane, 23

It seems that a lot of it, just like any kind of sex, comes down to personal preference. Overall though, the general consensus from men on period sex is that, if they feel comfortable with their partner, they are open to the idea of it.

The most important thing for both parties is communication and comfort. If period sex is something you are wanting to try, or are interested in, just talk to your partner — take it from me, it's not as hard as you may think.

Some responses have been edited for clarity.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.