To The Guy Who Decided To Block Me Because He Couldn't Confront His Own Feelings

I hope you realize what a mistake you made because you lost out on someone great.

184

Hey,

Remember me? The girl you were talking to every day? The girl you told personal things to? The girl you called on the phone to ask her about her day? Yes, I'm still here, even though you decided to block me and ghost me out of nowhere.

I was blindsided, let me tell you. Everything was going great. You had planned for us to go get dinner and go mini golfing and you even sent me a Google calendar invite for it. You were telling me how excited you were to see me again (in all caps), too.

When we first hung out, I was really nervous, but I slowly started to feel more comfortable and we were laughing at each other's jokes and stories. You even said that your face hurt because you were smiling so much. Everything seemed to be going perfectly. I couldn't wait to go to sleep so I could wake up to your "Good morning" text messages again.

You see, I was really starting to like you. It did scare me a little bit, but I kept telling myself that this was a good thing and I shouldn't be scared of something great. Two days before our mini golfing date, everything was normal. You texted me in the morning and we had a conversation throughout the day. I updated you that I would for sure be able to go out with you to mini golf to which you responded, "Yayyyy!"

You were having a busy week with work and moving so I had asked if you were excited to move. I didn't receive a response, but I just thought it was because you were really tied up with things and that I would hear back from you in the morning.

Much to my dismay, I woke up to an email saying you canceled our date and that it was removed from my Google calendar. I checked my messages, no word from you. Something inside me told me to check Snapchat. Suddenly your name was gone and you were no longer on my friends' list. Blocked.

So, I go to Instagram. "User not found," but yet, I can still see your Instagram profile image and the number of posts you have even though it says, "No posts." Blocked.

At this point, I'm upset, angry, and I'm feeling stupid. Here I am thinking this could actually be a good guy for me and for once, this could work out. I decided to call you out and text you and say, "Is there a reason I'm blocked on social media and you canceled our date? If you're not interested, at least be honest." No answer, obviously.

I'm not sure what exactly your reasoning is to be treating me like this, but to me, it seems like you're running away from your feelings and decided blocking me would be the easiest solution. Or maybe you have a secret girlfriend and you don't want her to find out you're talking to someone else. Whatever the case may be, it sounds like you're a coward. What an immature thing to do. You don't get to smooth talk a girl you say you're into and then toss her to the side when you feel like you're scared, especially coming from a man who claims he respects women.

I'm not sure if you will ever see this, but if you do, I hope you have a really good apology.