Your Guide To A New And Improved Life

Your Guide To A New And Improved Life

A self-care guide that will bring some light into your life.

83

Recently, I have a found a renewed love for life and myself. There are a few simple things we can all practice daily to ensure we are getting the most out of our days and taking care of ourselves.

1. Go to bed earlier (before midnight).

If you're anything like me, you'll be up until at least 2am doing work or just scrolling through Instagram on your phone. Going to bed earlier allows you to create a better sleep schedule and feel more rested the next day.

2. Wake up earlier (before 9am).

Again, if you're similar to me, the hours before 11am seem like hours no one should be awake for. But recently, I have been. If you start your day early, you'll feel more organized throughout the day and you can accomplish so much more. There's a whole other world out there and awake before noon!

3. Do yoga everyday.

Your body and your mind will thank you.

4. Journal everynight.

Sometimes, pouring your thoughts, good or bad, onto paper at the end of the day is just what you need to close off a day and allow yourself to start fresh tomorrow.

5. Spend less time on your phone/computer.

I know whenever you have the rare free time that you do, you just want to lay in bed on your phone or watch Netflix. Feed your mind and progress and do something beyond the screen.

6. Create more.

Whatever it is you like to do, do it! Find a new passion. Take photos, paint, write. Work to expand your mind and bring more light into the world.

7. Do things that YOU enjoy/that fulfill YOU.

Do what makes you happy. Disregard others opinions. This is your life, do what is best for you!

8. Eat clean/whole foods.

Your body will feel better the better you treat it. Skip out on very sugary or processed food and try to go for healthier options. Again, your body and mind will tell the difference.

9. Practice gratitude.

Every day, remember how lucky you are. Make a list of things you are grateful for and appreciate them.

10. Do/post what YOU want, without caring.

Your social media is a reflection of you. If you want to post something a little out of your comfort zone but are scared of being judged, do it. Who cares. If you like it, that's all that matters.

11. Be kind to yourself.

Just be kind to yourself. Don't talk down on yourself. Life can already be hard enough, you don't need another thing trying to bring you down!

12. Spread love.

At the end of the day, it's about the love and happiness you have shared. Spreading light will make you feel better too, knowing you had a positive impact on the world.