A Guide To Galentine's Day, As Told By Leslie Knope

It's only the greatest day of the year.

942
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/31/636530331919791780-731853978_odyssey%20article%20pic.jpg

It's finally February folks and guess what that means--it's almost time for the greatest holiday of the year. What holiday is that you may ask? One that is filled with love, appreciation, and celebration of close relationships.

That's right: GALENTINE'S DAY.

Galentine's Day is all about embracing your fellow fantastic females and showing them what they mean to you. Time to get real: from overcoming everyday prejudice and shattering the glass ceiling to literally making other human beings, women are pretty freakin' amazing.

Wanna join in on the lady-loving fun but aren't really sure how? Look no further: there is no better way to learn than from the resident expert on respecting women, Leslie Knope.

1. First of all, embrace your own ~womanhood~.

In order to respect other women, you BEST be sure to respect yourself. Cut yourself some slack this Galentine's Day--you're working hard and kicking butt.

2. Give yourself a quick pep talk.

It's the perfect day to do the thing you're most afraid of.

3. Remind your fellow ladies of their worth.

Compliments can go a long way when they come from a genuine place.

4. Encourage those in your life who are also ~respecting women~ to keep on keepin' on.

You: "Women are so strong."

Me:

5. Show your ladies that you're there for them no matter what...

Even when they're not expecting it.

6...And that they have a really important place in your life.

Priorities, ladies.

7. Give a quick lesson if need be.

Feminism is difficult for some people to understand. Educate those in denial.

8. While you're at it, break those gender roles!!

Remember, a woman's place is anywhere she wants it to be.

9. Have fun!

After all, it is a celebration.

10. And always remember...