It's finally February folks and guess what that means--it's almost time for the greatest holiday of the year. What holiday is that you may ask? One that is filled with love, appreciation, and celebration of close relationships.
That's right: GALENTINE'S DAY.
Galentine's Day is all about embracing your fellow fantastic females and showing them what they mean to you. Time to get real: from overcoming everyday prejudice and shattering the glass ceiling to literally making other human beings, women are pretty freakin' amazing.
Wanna join in on the lady-loving fun but aren't really sure how? Look no further: there is no better way to learn than from the resident expert on respecting women, Leslie Knope.
1. First of all, embrace your own ~womanhood~.
In order to respect other women, you BEST be sure to respect yourself. Cut yourself some slack this Galentine's Day--you're working hard and kicking butt.
2. Give yourself a quick pep talk.
It's the perfect day to do the thing you're most afraid of.
3. Remind your fellow ladies of their worth.
Compliments can go a long way when they come from a genuine place.
4. Encourage those in your life who are also ~respecting women~ to keep on keepin' on.
You: "Women are so strong."
5. Show your ladies that you're there for them no matter what...
Even when they're not expecting it.
6...And that they have a really important place in your life.
7. Give a quick lesson if need be.
Feminism is difficult for some people to understand. Educate those in denial.
8. While you're at it, break those gender roles!!
Remember, a woman's place is anywhere she wants it to be.
9. Have fun!
After all, it is a celebration.