How I Discovered Guardian Angels Are Real

A weekend of realization.

925
Mariana Reyna

This past weekend, I experienced something crazy with my best friend that made us literally become silent for a whole car ride and cry in silence. As we were leaving the movies late at night, everything was foggy outside. We both felt really weird and said we just wanted to go home due to how creepy it looked outside that we just didn’t feel safe in our skins that night. It was as if time had stopped that day and there was going to be no sun the next morning. As we get into the car and start driving back home I literally couldn’t see what was 30 feet away from me because of how foggy it was outside I had never experienced anything like it. As we were turning down the main street to be close to home I had a weird feeling in my chest; seconds later, a man started walking down the street and I couldn’t see him from far away due to the fog, so I immediately braked and the car next to me swerved into my lane to not run over the man that probably didn’t see the head lights from the distance.

In that moment, I knew that if I hadn't braked super hard in those 15 seconds, we would have been in a horrible car accident. The car that swerved into our lane was not a small one, it was a huge SUV that would have caused both of us to defiantly be in the hospital or seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. As soon as that happened one of my favorite church songs, "Hosanna" by Hillsong UNITED, started playing on the radio.

At that exact moment I turned and looked over at my best friend and just started crying and we both realized that our angels were by us and that we need to have a different outlook on life. The rest of the car ride was filled with ‘OMG!’s and both of us realizing that we need to start living life to the fullest because none of us have come in contact with an experience like this. What really freaked us both out was that a few minutes before all of that happened I told my best friend “I have a really weird feeling that something bad is going to happen,” and she assured me it was just probably the movie we had just seen or me being tired. I was given a sign to be careful while driving and stayed aware of my surroundings and it was one of the best signs I could have gotten since seconds later we almost saw someone being ran over or us being in a horrible accident.

After that night, I woke up knowing that guardian angels are real and that mine had protected me and that I have a reason to be alive today and that no matter what comes my way, good or bad, I have to be thankful and make something out of the situations thrown my way because life is way too short and no one knows when the end of their path will come. And, just like that, my best friend and I experienced another crazy moment, too, one day be able to tell our kids and add on to one of our other ‘crazy’ adventures.