To The Next Guy I Date, I'm Guarded But Not Broken

I question everyone's motives and intentions, especially yours.

121
WordPress

Dear future boyfriend,

If I'm dating you, well then I must like you. I've been through a lot before you came along. I've fallen in and out of love and it has changed me. I'm stronger now, more logical, and not nearly as trusting as I use to be. I've been hurt over and over again so don't be too upset if I don't believe you when you say, "I will never hurt you." I've heard it all before.

I'm not broken, im guarded. I'm skeptical now. I question everyone's motives and intentions, especially yours. I've realized most good things don't last, so I try not to get too attached. I prepare myself for the worst so that it doesn't hurt as much when it happens. You might think I'm heartless sometimes, but I've just adapted to guard my heart better.

I'll pretend like I don't care at times, but that's never the case. I care too much, that has always been my biggest problem. You'll have to earn my trust, I no longer give it out for free. If you lose my trust, earning it back will be a long, hard road for you.

I have a big heart, but I no longer wear it on my sleeve like I use to. However, once you've earned a place in my heart, it's yours forever.

Yours truly,

The girl with a guarded heart