What "Grey's Anatomy" Has Taught Me

What "Grey's Anatomy" Has Taught Me

"You were like coming up for fresh air. It’s like I was drowning and you saved me."

234
What "Grey's Anatomy" Has Taught Me
Google

"Grey's Anatomy" will have you laughing, crying, on the edge of your seat, or maybe all three. Because it's "Grey's Anatomy" and that's exactly what it does. Most importantly, "Grey's Anatomy" will teach you life lessons. This show will speak to your heart, and make you want to grab your person and hold onto them for dear life. Because who knows what's going to happen next? Here are 6 life lessons "Grey's Anatomy" taught me.

1. We don't have to be happy all the time. I think we all get caught up in trying so hard to be happy. That's the ultimate goal, right? No one wants to be sad, but thanks to Meredith, she makes it very clear that bad things will happen. Also, that it's okay to be sad about things. No one has to be happy all the time.

__________________________________________________________________________

2. Growing up sucks. When we're little, being a grown up seems so cool. We get to drive, drink alcohol, we have no rules, and we get to be our own boss. Then bam! you wake up and you're 20 with more responsibilities than you think you can handle. "Grey's Anatomy" shows us that growing up sucks, but maybe we don't really grow up at all. We still throw tantrums when we don't get our way, gossip with our friends, and we hope. Just like children, we never give up on hope.

_________________________________________________________________________

3. Dancing it out is the best way to handle a problem. Meredith and Christina showed us that if we're angry, happy, or had a long day, the best solution is to dance it out. Grab your person and dance like no one is watching.

4. Wage equality is real. In season 12 Meredith was offered a lower salary than her peers. When she learns this, she takes it up with the chief. She gets the raise she asks for. We should always get paid what we deserve. This episode is an inspiration for us all to stand up for ourselves in our work and daily lives.

5. Everything can change in a split second. Whether it was McDreamy's sudden death, the plane crash, or the hospital shooting, GA has showed us that life can change within a second. GA showed us that we should hold those we love close and tell the people we care about how much we care because they might not be here tomorrow.

6. We all need a person. The twisted sisters showed us that we ALL need a person to spill to. When things get rough, it is so important to have that person to just let it all out to. Through hospital shooting or having your person cut you out of your wedding dress, your person will always be there.

At this point, "Grey's Anatomy" has made us laugh, cry, and everything in between. We never really know what is going to happen next. All we really know is that "Grey's Anatomy" will continue to touch our hearts and teach us life lessons.