Why Cristina Yang Is The Perfect Role Model For Women, Young And Old

Every Woman Should Aspire To Be As Ambitious And Resiliant As Cristina Yang

She hit rock bottom. However, after each tragedy, she came back stronger than ever.

190

When I first started watching the hit show "Grey's Anatomy," I hated the character of Cristina Yang. I thought she was rude, annoying, and selfish. However, as I am finishing the ninth season of this show, Cristina Yang has become my favorite character (along with Bailey). Cristina Yang has all the qualities I admire and I think every woman should aspire to be as strong as her. The following is a small list of reasons why I think Cristina is the best.

1. She is ambitious and hardworking

Cristina Yang never settles. Being great isn't enough, she has to be the best. In season 9 when Cristina felt she wasn't doing enough research, she purposely cut the Cardio department's funding so she could get all the work. She used to reach the hospital early every day during her residency to have the first choice in medical cases. Her primary focus is her workResilientand she lets nobody come in the way of that. She doesn't get caught up in looks or fashion. She has an unwavering focus and determination.

2. She is confident

Cristina knows her talent and her intelligence. She believes in herself and never backs away from something that is hard/challenging. She has both mental and physical self-confidence.

3. She is a fighter

There have been so many tragedies on "Grey's Anatomy" and Cristina Yang has been through it all. Whether it was the hospital shooting, the plane crash, or troubles in her marriage, she went through a lot of emotional and physical pain. She hit rock bottom. However, after each tragedy, she came back stronger than ever.

4. She is inspiring

Tenor

Just watching Cristina's character is inspiring: her ambition, her talent, her work ethic. But not only that, Cristina's character is inspiring to her friends in need. Whether it is telling George to stop accepting crap or helping Meredith in a time of need, she always inspires her friends to get back up and fight.

5. She is honest

Tenor

Cristina tells things the way they are. She is blunt and honest and doesn't sugar coat things.

6. She is relatable

Tenor

Lastly, although Cristina Yang is the best of the best, she is still relatable.