From The Millennial Born 30 Years Too Late

Drive-in movie theaters would beat Netflix and chill any day.

I grew up in a generation that prefers communicating through social media over face-to-face communication. I wish my generation was more comfortable with face-to face-connections. How cool is it that guys would approach your front door and ask your dad if they could take you out on a date for the night? And drive in movie theaters would beat Netflix and chill any day. I don't want to stream a show that "we're not even going to watch." I wanna go out and get snacks and big blankets in the back of a car and watch a classic movie on a big screen. I want to talk in person and hang out, not send pictures of my face back and forth with no conversation. I want to make more friends in ironic ways doing cool things not befriending people on social media and acting like we know each other.

Technology is great but how great was life before it was so popular?

Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone and all of its amazing features, I mean come on pictures at a touch, streaming my favorite music and snap chatting ugly pictures of myself to my friends. But ever think about the connections people had before this? I mean how awesome do you think it was to go out to a roller rink or dancing and meet new people and exchange phone numbers on napkins? And what about waiting for that new friend or possible lover to call. You see movies of an eager girl waiting by the phone and letting it ring a couple of times before picking up so she doesn't seem too eager, this is way better to me than turning your read receipts off and avoiding double texting to try not to sound so creepy.

Music used to not be so mainstream.

I love my rap and all but just think about the '80s and the disco music, or the concerts in the '70s. Everyone listened to pretty much the same band and knew everything about the band. Going out for the night looked like a scene from Saturday night fever, everyone danced to the same beat. Now going out consists of the same old song being played at parties or a horrible remix that no one likes besides the DJ. I want to go to concerts and have the whole crowd waving lighters back and forth to the slow songs, not my iPhone, and I want the only flashes to come from Polaroids.

And what even is the 2000-current day fashion?

It's all a repeat of previous generations anyways. Chokers, overalls and crop tops are the '90s. Flowy dresses and flower crowns are the '70s. Tight skirts, dresses and blazers are the '80s. Fashion is all a cycle really, but I'd take a crazy 80's party outfit with bright colors and scrunchies any day over wearing my boring clothes from H&M that everyone else has too.

I'm hoping that the 2010s and up, and maybe even 2020s have something super exciting to prove that the 2000s should be the wanted generation to grow up in and these can be the years known for something more than just the technology age, if not maybe I'm just a kid with their head stuck in the '80s.