The Greatest TV Shows Of All Time

The Greatest TV Shows Of All Time

Friends is not, and would never be on this list

5560
The Greatest TV Shows Of All Time
Image Source: Hailey Hastings

I suck in most aspects of my life, except for when it comes to my taste in all things pop-culture-related. This article is part one of four highlighting my absolute favorite pieces of work in the pop-culture world. We're starting off strong with my favorite TV shows. These are the best shows to have ever been on tv and I am not open to discussion about opposite opinions.

Glee (2009-2015)

Is Glee bad? Yes! Do I love the show more than life itself and have I seen every season ten times? Also yes!

I've been watching Glee since season one and have seen every terrible plotline, awful song choice (What the Fox Say), and offensive pairings this show has pulled off (I'm looking at you Blaine, and Dave). But at the end of the day, it's exactly my sense of humor and features some of the funniest lines to have ever been said on network television. Plus, the cast is ridiculously talented and I couldn't have more love for them.

Criminal Minds (2005-2020)

I truly never thought I would be as emotionally invested in a show about FBI profilers as I became with Criminal Minds. As seemingly every other person on the planet I have the fattest crush on Matthew Gray Gubler thanks to his portrayal of Dr. Spencer Reid. Unlike a lot of crime shows on Tv, you get both intense cases covered while also having compelling plotlines happening in the character's personal lives.

Law And Order: Special Victims Unit (1999-Present )

Yes, I did indeed cry when Olivia and Elliott were finally reunited. Yes, I have cried every time I've seen them on screen together since.

Law and Order: Special Victims Unit has had me captivated since I was a preteen. I've always wanted to be involved in the true-crime space and I attribute that largely to this show. As a victim myself of things that are addressed in this show I've learned so much and felt less alone.

And Mariska is as big of a badass and an advocate for victims off screen as she is on screen.

Pretty Little Liars (2010-2017)

I stuck with Pretty Little Liars through so many A reveals I lost track. This show was so messy and the writers constantly had me on the brink of never turning it on again, but at the end of the day, I loved it! The characters truly had such incredible character development. You really fell for everyone on the show (maybe I fell extra hard for Caleb, but can you blame me?). It was a modern-day soap opera and I loved every moment. I am so glad every couple the fans rooted for ended up being endgame.

But I will never forgive the writers for the criminal pairing of Spencer and Caleb. I honestly feel sick just thinking about it.

Lost (2004-2010)

This show is a whirlwind. There were very few moments where I actually knew what was going on, but I was so hooked! I finished the show in it's entirety in just a few months and bawled like a baby during the season finale. The ending is exactly how you want everything to wrap up, not a stone left unturned and all the couples reunited physically and emotionally.

And yes, my favorite character will always be Hurley.

Manifest (2019-2021)

I'll admit, I am a new watcher to Manifest. But I could tell from the first episode I would be hooked on finding out what happened on flight 828. I have rewatched the entire series all the way through twice now in anticipation of a fourth season that may not even be coming. I'm are hoping that the network and Netflix come to an agreement so I can indulge even more.

Haven (2010-2015)

Haven is a show you really have to pay attention to. If you even miss 10 minutes you'll be completely lost. It's the perfect mix of sci-fi and fantasy, with a stellar cast. You'll be so heavily invested like I was within the first few episodes (which is rare for me it usually takes a solid season or so).

The Flash (2014- Present)

I have gone back and forth between watching and not watching The Flash since it's premiere date. Never because I wasn't interested just because it does get a bit repetitive, but I still love it and it earned it's spot on this list. Grant Gustin was the absolute perfect choice to play the leading man in the DC universe, no one else could have filled those shoes. The show will not be the same without my favorite character, Cisco, so we'll see if I am still into the next season.

You (2018- Present)

I am a Joe apologist. I am so sorry Penn Badgley, I know how disappointing that sentence is.

You is everything I want out of a tv show. There is an attractive cast, it's witty but has elements of a crime show and has romance! It's a recipe for success and it seems that the general public agrees with me, considering the show's massive success. I am patiently awaiting the twists and turns season three will bring for fans!

The Good Place (2016-2020)

It took a lot of convincing to get into The Good Place, but I am so glad I did! It's no surprise that the show is as good as it is, when you take into consideration it's made by Mike Schur who worked on The Office and Parks and Recreation. Kristen Bell is pure genius, she brought Eleanor to levels no one else could have. The show is fun for the whole family without sacrificing any humor.

The Office (2005-2013)

Yes, I know I am not original. The Office is my favorite show of all-time and I am not sorry about it. Every aspect of this show is pure perfection, and it is the best casted show in TV history. Each member of the cast was meant to do this, they're such an incredible group. Season four is the golden season of TV, I have never seen a collection of episodes more perfectly crafted. I bawled at the finale and have rewatched the series 7(!!) times.

Yes, I have a problem.

Parks And Recreation (2009-2015)

It took a lot of convincing on my friend Nick's part for me to finally watch this show, I am writing this on my laptop with a Ron Swanson sticker on it, so you can see how that went. This show is made by Greg Daniels, who also made The Office so it makes perfect sense that Parks and Recreation would become such a comfort show for me. The actors are some of the best in the business, and the show didn't have a single bad season, which is rare.

Shameless (2011-2021)

There is not a TV show character I love more than Kevin from Shameless. This entire show is so messy, but in the best way. It's definetley not for kids, and deals with a lot of serious shit, but it makes for a funny, heartwarming, entertaining watch. There's quite a lot of seasons so it's a show you can take your time with.

Also, Ian and Mickey getting married is a top tier moment in my life.

Young & Hungry (2014-2018)

Emily Osment was meant to play this roll. From the moment I first saw Young and Hungry I was hooked by what a feel-good show it is. You are guaranteed to laugh, especially at the hands of Yolanda, she's an icon. And you will probably want to find your own handsome, rich man in San Francisco.

Switched At Birth (2011-2017)

This show truly has so much heart. As much as I love all the shows on this list this one will always hold such a special place in my heart. The characters are ones I really connected with, especially Bay. Plus, i’ll watch anything with Blair Redford in it.

The Lying Game (2011-2013)

Fanpop

Another Blair Redford show! Like I said, i'll watch anything he does. The Lying Game was full of so many twists and turns that I sometimes had to watch episodes more than once to take it all in. But hey, I didn't mind! Any show this drama packed is going to end up on my list.

Jane By Design (2012)

Wiffle Gif

Billy and Jane were endgame, and the fact that there wasn't a second season is borderline criminal. Jane By Design was such a feel-good show, and had the best soundtrack, courtesy of Rachel Platten.

The Carrie Diaries (2013-2014)

The pairing of Austin Butler and AnnaSophia as a couple means everything to me. I was never a Sex in the City super fan but I've watched The Carrie Diaries all the way through multiple times. It’s the best example I can think of as far as a coming of age tv show goes. I'm all for more shows doing prequel spin-offs!

Haters Back Off (2016-2017)

Is it cringe? Yes! But I think it's cringe in the best way! Haters Back Off is genuinely funny, full of heart, and makes me so proud of Colleen Ballinger. Plus, Angela from The Office is on the show, so you know I tuned in.

WandaVision - (2021)

I’m a very new Wandavision fan and just finished the series a few nights before writing this. However, this show showed me what an incredible universe Marvel has created. One of the absolutely best short series ever made, and Elizabeth Olsen is a complete superstar.

General Hospital (1963-Present)

I can sense the judging, let me explain! As someone who lives for other people's drama, I can't get enough of the constant outpouring of it in Port Charles. My grandma (shocker) got me hooked and now I watch everyday, considering it's on five days a week.

Finding Carter (2014-2015)

The drama!! Finding Carter is a whirlwind of a ride! There are so many twists and you never really have the entire show figured out, which is one of the many reasons I love it.

Also, I worship the ground Alex Saxon walks on.

Full House (1987-1995)

Full House is one of the greatest family sitcoms of all time. It's stood the teat of time and is still quoted, and talked about today. Plus, seeing John Stamos as Uncle Jesse was indeed my sexual awakening. Have mercy!

Drake And Josh (2004-2007)

Let me just clarify by saying this is to praise what a comedic genius Josh Peck is, it's f*ck Drake Bell always!

Drake and Josh is one of those rare teen shows that is still as funny as the day it aired. Truly I can only describe it as lightning in a bottle, everything just works.

iCarly (2007-2012) (2021)

I loved the original iCarly. The show was such a huge part of my growing up, however, this revamped 2021 version? It's what dreams are made of! There are so many familiar faces as well as new characters who bring so much to the table.

And it made me realize before im a person I am a simp for Jerry Trainor and Nathan Kress.

Love, Victor (2020-Present)

Love, Simon is one of the movies that means the most to me in the world. Simon's story just really connected with me. Seeing someone like Victor have his chance to have his story told has been equally as impactful. I've laughed, I've cried, and I've fallen in love with a whole new set of characters.

I want to talk all about Simon and Bram still being together and living happily in New York City, but my heart can't handle it.

That ‘70s Show (1998-2006)

The absolute blueprint. No show since has had a cast like this one, or humor this slapstick while also being perfectly dry. That ‘70s show also has the greatest theme song to ever be played on TV. It would have been shameful not to include this on my list.

Impractical Jokers (2011-Present)

I have to show some love to the Impractical Jokers. These four have created the ultimate comfort show, with non-stop laughs. There is something in the fact that they are genuine lifelong friends that takes away the cringe factor that many other shows that try and follow this formula have.

Catfish: The Tv Show (2012-Present)

I love reality tv, it's my weakness. At the center of this is Catfish. I have seen every single episode, I don't know if that's because of my crush on Nev or because Im genuinely intrigued, either way, I can't get enough!

And yes, the Kelly Price episode is genuinely the best.

Baby Daddy (2012-2017)

I had to end this list with a show that will always hold the most special place in my heart. I attended the taping for the last episode of Baby Daddy and feel forever connected to these actors. I’d reccomend this show to anyone.