Is The Grass Really Greener?

Is The Grass Really Greener?

Take a close look...

23
Is The Grass Really Greener?
China Daily

Sometimes we have moments in our life where we question ourselves and think, is the grass greener on the other side? We think what it would be like to walk a day in their shoes, and that their life is way better than yours. We are so caught up in being so envious of someone else we don’t realize how good we really have it. We start to become so obsessed with what we want and become so blind to what we have. If you were on the other side, you would miss your dry, maybe not-so-green grass.

This occurs every day in life. It is natural to be jealous of someone because it appears they are perfect. What we don’t see is the flaws, and we all have them. If we didn’t have flaws, we wouldn’t stand out. You may think you want someone else’s life, someone else’s relationship, but in reality it is not as perfect as you think. Once you step on the other side, the flaws are no longer so far away you can’t see them. You see your life in perspective, and what you have is what you need. Instead of taking so much energy wanting, put that energy into appreciating what you have. Before you know it you will lose the moment to enjoy it. We make the most of everyday. Wow I wish I just lived their life. Why couldn’t that have been me? Things happen for a reason, and in the end we are left with the choices we make and maybe some bad ones, but it turns out to be a beautiful picture.

All in all, we may be tempted to turn in the wrong direction or change what we have just because it appears to be better. Looks are the most deceiving. If we knew our neighbors just used turf, we wouldn’t see their yard as a piece of work. Maybe the neighbors don't really take their time and care for their grass, it's just fake. Things can be an illusion. Others may have greener grass, it might be freshly cut, but your grass is yours. Take pride in everything you do, don’t envy and don’t boast. Life is truly amazing if you take a moment and really look at it. It goes by so fast and everything changes.

Maybe if we took more time to water and care for our grass, we would appreciate it more. I am not talking about green thumbs. We may think someone has a better life, a better body, or a better job than us. It really is not about what is better, it is going to be as good as we make it. We will only have a good life if we have good days and make the days count. So love yourself, love your life, love your job. Don’t worry about your neighbors, they have weeds in their yard as well. Take a look at your yard, and appreciate all the flaws and the hard work you put into it.