Preparing For Graduation At Georgia Southern University, Make Sure You 'Hail Southern' One More Time

It is coming and here's how you can prepare!

390
me

Graduation is quickly approaching. I know I know everyone is saying it and it doesn't seem like the day will ever come. But I promise it is closer than you think. It will come so it's time that you start getting ready for your big day.

First things first, you've got to get there academically. You need to prepare for all those finals projects, papers, and tests. It's time to buckle down one last time and make it to that finish line you've been running toward for four years. So make a list of all your final class assignments, head toward Club Hendy (it's the library, Mom, don't worry), and start checking things off your list.

May 5th will be here soon enough and you'll enjoy it, even more knowing you finished as strong as possible.

Now that the least fun part is over it's time to do the fun stuff. So ask your friends for suggestions for the best photographer they know and set up an appointment for your senior pictures. Buy an outfit you love, borrow a graduation cap and gown, and head to storied Sweetheart Circle to take your senior pictures in front of the famous GSU letters or walking down the road with Sweetheart Circle in the background. There is no better way to capture your time at GSU than to show the place where you spent time with your friends, enjoyed the beautiful weather, or walked around with your significant other.

Go to one last GSU athletic event. Go to the spring break and see what talent Coach Lunsford has gotten for next year. Just because you won't be a student next year, that doesn't mean you can't look forward to next season and come cheer the Eagles on in Paulson as an alum! Go to a baseball game and enjoy the nice weather before next month comes and it becomes about a thousand degrees too hot to do anything outside other than jumping in a pool.

Cheer on your Eagles one last time no matter what sport it is.

Plan one last dinner at Gnat's with some of your friends that you don't think you'll see as much when you leave Statesboro. If you plan the dinner on a Wednesday, maybe you can stay late and enjoy Gnat's karaoke one last time with a pitcher and your closest friends. You've spent four years eating Gnat's, you'll miss it when it's gone so if you can't decide what to eat the next couple weeks, just do yourself a favor and go eat at Gnat's. Future, nostalgic you in a few months won't regret it.

Go visit your favorite professors. You've spent four years learning from them and you have them to thank for your upcoming success. Go to office hours and talk to them because let's face it, those professors that always helped you have become more like friends and they only want your success so don't take them for granted. Your time is almost up on campus so why not go spend some time with them and tell them how much you appreciate all those tips and tricks and support they've given you.

Graduation is quickly approaching and as the assignments mount and the stress comes and all you can think about is the sweetness that will come with it all being over, take a second to think about all the things that made the last four years so sweet and what will make graduation day so bittersweet. Take this time to take it all in and be grateful for all Georgia Southern has given you one more time!

And don't forget the most important thing to do, Hail Southern!