I Decided To Move To Disney World Instead Of Facing Reality

I'm Graduating, But I Decided To Move To Disney World Instead Of Facing Reality

The reality of Disney sounds so much more appealing than bills, car payments, and mortgages.

65
Casey Whoolery-Pratt

If anyone is close enough to me, they know my love for Disney is stronger than a raging fire (pun intended). Well, big surprise, I felt the thought of moving to Disney was way more appealing and fitting for me than growing up and getting a big girl job. Here I am, almost 22, about to be working for the mouse himself. Am I ashamed? Heck. no.

Here is the deal, though. Is it really escaping reality? Because, if we are looking hard at the logistics of things, I will be picking up my belongings and moving all the way from Texas to Florida. By myself. Ss an adult, working 45 to 50 hours a week and then some. So is that REALLY what I'm doing? No, but I'd like to think it is. Who wouldn't want to live at the happiest place on Earth? I mean, hello, endless trips to the parks, learning from the most influential company there is, and learning to do it all on your own. Sign me up (if I weren't already signed up and going).

So, as much as I would like to toot my own horn and say that I found the escape route to the big book of life, I hate to say I haven't. I did, however, find a way to take on a position that I will love and enjoy for the days to come. Making my reality as unreal and as magical as possible.

Life is rough and big life decisions are even harder, so why not let Disney be the answer to it all? I know that is what I am doing. I will worry about the future that will come afterward after I have taken in this lifelong experience. Until then, you'll find me hanging with Mickey and his gang most of those days.