Grace Speaks Louder Than Pride

Hey Girl, Grace Speaks Louder Than Your False Humility So Stop Saying You're Not Enough

"Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect" - Demi Lovato

176

The amount of times I've said the words "not good enough" in the last week is appalling.

I'm not a good enough daughter or sister.

I'm not a good enough friend or leader.

I'm not a good enough worker.

I'm just not good enough.

No matter how far ahead I was in one area, I was falling behind in everything else. And if you're a perfectionist like me or at least you used to be, you've had one of those weeks before.

A week of beating yourself up for not being good enough. If you've said it enough times, you actually start to feel it. The unworthiness you've proclaimed over yourself just by repeating the words "not enough" over and over.

i.pinimg.com

A.J. Swoboda and Ken Wytsma "We eventually become our words. We not only become the words we believe about God, but we also become the words spoken over us by ourselves, others, and society."

When God spoke creation into existence, He called it good. But then we perfectionists go and undermine what God has already defined well when we say, "Um, no, not good enough." That's when our words about ourselves become the words we believe about God.

When we go and say "not good enough," we say that our opinions matter more than our own Creator. We .limit the power God has to speak creation into existence. This right here is where we meet pride as it continues to build walls around us just so that it can give us a false sense of humility.

Next, if it's true that we tend to become what we are called, the words we say about ourselves impact the way live and behave. Say you're "not good enough" enough times and you'll soon be bearers of those words, feeling unworthy to accept the grace that God has for us. Our words were never supposed to be more important than His Word but our pride has made it so.

Pride rejects grace over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with developing your character and watching you grow. But if your words are only to criticize and shame yourself, that's not the right character your building.

Correction should always be from love and grace and that's not found in the words "not good enough."

So, enough is enough! Ladies, we need to stop being so darn on ourselves.

We need to draw near to God and let him tear down our walls of pride and false humility so that we can accept the grace that he gives us even when we feel we're at our lowest.

Grace says we're His daughters and we're sisters in Christ.

Grace says the He is our best friend and He's shaping us into leaders just like Him.

Grace says we're free from captivity.

Grace says we are a new creation and that we are made good.