A Letter To My Mom

A Letter To My Mom

I love you

3
A Letter To My Mom

Mom. I have so much to thank you for. You've stood by me from the very, very beginning, through the times that made your hair hurt and through the times when you were so incredibly proud of me. I guess that's all part of the job, but I'm very thankful. I could not have been blessed with a better mom or a better family.

Thank you for not getting too angry when I forget to call when I'm supposed to (again), but still picking up my calls when I'm walking somewhere alone and want someone to talk to. It's always fun to call and let you know what I'm thinking about, and you usually have an opinion as well. I love that sometimes a quick call just to check in can turn into a long discussion.

Thank you for pushing me hard in school and making sure that I was doing my best, even when I wanted nothing more than to quit. I really believe a lot of what I've accomplished has been in part due to your support. You've always been supportive of my many interests and hobbies, even when you weren't sure how committed I would be. Thank you for letting me have all those experiences.

Thank you for so many early breakfasts, from when I was a little kid who couldn't sleep past 6:30 a.m. and you needed to entertain/feed me to now, when my 9:30 a.m. wakeup is still early for the family. Each time we go out is so fun, and I love having those moments just for us. I love that we can go to the same place time after time, order the same thing, and it's always so nice. Not that I don't love the rest of our family, but I really enjoy being able to spend some time just the two of us.

Thank you for being the best role model I could ask for. You've taught me not only with your words, but with your actions, and those actions have shaped me into the person I am today. I can see how much you care about your friends and your family, how hard you work, and how loving and giving you are, and I hope that one day I can embrace these virtues that same way you do.

I guess what I want to say is that I'm really lucky to have a mom like you. I love you, Mom.