Thank You For The Past 3.5 Years, Odyssey
Education

After 3.5 Years With Odyssey, It Is My Time To Say Goodbye

It has been a good ride, but now it's time to move on.

50

When I was a freshman in college, one of my friends, Emily, had asked me if I would be interested in writing for a group called "Odyssey." I wasn't entirely sure what the group was, but I was somewhat interested, so I decided to give it a shot.

After a couple of months of writing, Emily (who was actually in charge of the community) asked me to be an editor for the group since a positioned opened up. I agreed.

A few more months pass, and everything is great! Emily and I were keeping the community in check and we were doing really well. As my freshman year started coming to an end, Emily informed me that she would be transferring to a new school in the fall. She asked me to run the community and take over her position. Again, I agreed.

I stayed as the EIC for a while and got my roommate to join as well. She became one of the editors for the community, and later the president.

For personal reasons, I gave up my EIC position to one of the star individuals in the community, and she has knocked it out of the park. The community has been thriving since, and I couldn't be more proud of how far the two of them have come.

Since being with Odyssey, I have met tons of people from other universities and people in New York at headquarters who have taught me everything I know. I have written 118 articles and have over 139,000 page views. When I first started writing, I had no idea I would be able to connect with and write about so many other things people were experiencing.

Odyssey provided me with a platform to let myself write freely. I had the ability to write about literally anything I wanted to write about. I wrote about some topics that were really personal and close to me, and some other ones were just free writing and were funny. Regardless of what I was writing, I always looked forward to seeing what people had to say about my work whether it was positive or negative; I just enjoyed the feedback.

As graduation is quickly approaching, I decided I've had a good run with Odyssey and now it is my turn to move on and focus on something else.

Thank you, Odyssey, for giving me an outlet to freely express myself. Thank you for helping me form new friendships and relationships with people I wouldn't have otherwise met. Thank you for helping me improve my writing skills, and for allowing me to work with some really great people along the way.

Thank you for everything.