You Shouldn't Live Your Life Full Of Negativity

Sometimes we do not realize the impact pessimism has in our life until someone points it out.

7

Ever since 2019 started, I've begun the process of not thinking negatively. Of course, it's not as easy as it sounds (definitely not during moments of high-level of stress). I started by preventing my relatives from telling me something that makes them angry when they had already gotten over it. I then started to slowly ignore acquaintances that did not provide any source of positivity, and all they did was complain.

I'm currently working on how to talk to my friends without complaining or ranting. Believe it or not, that's one of the impacts of being negative all the time. When I mean negative, I don't mean having a pessimistic point of view of the world; I mean people that are always harshing the mood because you can't even make a joke. I mean those people that can be surrounded by the most adorable things ever and still cannot manage a smile (mental health personality traits are not part of that category).

Why did I start the change? I noticed that I'd begin to pick fights if I felt too much happiness. I also noticed that my mental health was getting worse. What changes have I seen? I feel calmer; it does not take me long to snap. Although there are moments, I snap before I walk away from whatever is making me upset. If I'm trying to fix a problem, I'll fix it without raising my voice.

Allowing as many good vibes as possible lowers your stress level, after all, laughing grants you one more day of life. I can go to sleep without lingering on an argument because I've moved on from it to focus on the right things I learned or what I like about that person. It's hard to have only good vibes. It takes time.

I'm still working on keeping away as much negativity as possible. Doing a cleansing helps a lot, getting rid of what doesn't bring you joy, and being honest with yourself through the process. In the long run, you will learn to appreciate the smallest things in life and feel happy in moments where you couldn't before.