A Goodbye Letter To My Dorm

A Goodbye Letter To My Dorm

"It is finally time for me to begin my journey living in an off-campus abode. It's time for me to actually have my own space and not have to bring change to do my laundry,"

83
A Goodbye Letter To My Dorm
Flickr

Dear Dorm Room,

It is finally time for me to begin my journey living in an off-campus abode. It's time for me to actually have my own space and not have to bring change to do my laundry. I will have more space and have an actual kitchen to not share with an entire dorm building. I can actually nail stuff into my walls and not worrying about leaving marks on the walls.

I won't have to deal with the tiny bathroom and have to squeeze into the egg-shaped shower. I don't need to worry about rotating my clothes for seasons because of lack of space. I can spill stuff on my chairs without having to worry about being charged a ridiculous amount of money. I can actually have my room to myself.

I don't have to go to annoying hall meetings or answer RA surveys. I don't have to worry about my car being towed on weekdays from my spot next to the building. I don't have to worry about following dumb residence hall policies like having candles.

However, I won't be able to see the friends on campus as often. No more on-campus dinners with my girlfriends. Grabbing lunches with our meal-plans between classes. No more being able to walk across the quad for a sleepover or to rant over a dumb boy.

No more being able to leave 7 minutes before a class and still making it on time. No more having unlimited utilities. No more one bill a year and welcome to paying rent every month.

Although it's had its ups and downs, I will miss you dorm room. I've met good people while living on campus but now it's time to journey to the great beyond off campus.

Hope to never live in you again,

Dorm Resident