A Goodbye Letter to my Summer Co-Workers

We made it through this summer together

22
Marlborough Recreation

Dear summer co-workers, but more importantly friends,

We did it. We survived another summer. I’m so proud of us. I really don’t think I would have made it without you guys. Another year is down in the books, and now it’s time to go back to school for all of us. While I’m excited for summer to be over and to go back to school, there’s going to be a big piece of my life missing, and that’s you guys.

We have gotten super close the past few months. You’ve seen me at my best this summer, and my worst this summer. You’ve seen me happy to be in for that day, and cranky and dreading the day. Some of you have even seen me cry (they were happy tears I swear). You have gotten to know me really well. Even those who I have worked with in the past learned more about me. I know that I can depend on you guys, because, well, I depend on you guys at work; I kind of have to. You guys are my number one support system, and I go to you guys for everything.

We have had a lot of weird things happen at work, and I tell you guys right away because I know you’ll get a kick out of it. It seems that weird events only happen where we work, and it’s completely normal. We also deal with a lot of disrespectful people (shout out to the public on that one). I know that if someone frustrates me, I can turn to you, and you completely understand. You guys always make me feel better about it, and usually we’re joking about something else two minutes later.

We spend so much time together at work, but I guess I just can’t get enough of you. I’m always willing to spend time with you guys outside of work. I live for our bonding activities, and I wish we had more. From bowling to paint nights, all things I’m not good at, but yet I still have a blast because of you guys.

People wonder why I go to work with a smile on my face, even though our job isn’t the most ideal job. It’s because of you guys. You make going in to work something I can actually look forward to. You have brought out the best in me this summer, and I’m grateful for the experiences we’ve had together. I will always cherish the memories that we have made. Thank you with putting up with me, for putting up with the public with me, and making work fun.