Do Not Underestimate a Good Summer Read

Do Not Underestimate a Good Summer Read

A Plethora of Reading Selections and No Reason to Put That Book Down

555
Do Not Underestimate a Good Summer Read
https://socialifestylemag.com/2020/04/books-can-still-get-you-far/book-aesthetic-books-old-books-open-books-1387022/

This is a response to Need A Break From Social Media? Here’s What You Can Do Instead!

As a once avid book reader myself, I stopped reading the past few years because of college. But I would really love to start reading again, genuinely out of love for reading and not because there is a class assignment due. I miss the smell of a new or old book or walking into a library and the ambiance of the room. For the first time in years, **literally**, I want to re-read some of these books and pick up some new ones as well. We can all expand our imagination and take the cheapest travel ticket into a new destination.

Some books I would love to re-read are:

1) James Patterson’s Confessions of a Murder Suspect” Series

I read all four books of this series within a span of four or five months, spending about a month on each book. This series just draws you in from the beginning. I also am a Patterson stan, I love all his books, because he writes these fiction thrillers in such an appealing manner.

2) Suzanne CollinsThe Hunger Games Trilogy

One of my favorite series as well, these are incredibly funand enticing to read. You are kept on your toes through most of the book wanting to know more.

3) David Levithan’s “Every Day” and “Another Day”
This duo series follows the main character through both books and pulls you in. These two books are definitely in my top favorite reads right now.

4) Rupi Kaur’s “Milk and Honey”
Kaur’s poetry books allow the reader to transcend into a different artistry of writing. Kaur has five poetry collections out right now, allencompassing the personal journey.

Other books I will be picking up:

1) John Green’s “Turtles All the Way Down”

Green is another amazing author; I have read most of his books. The book delivers this message of it is okay to not be okay, and to just be yourself.

2) Jeannette Walls’ “The Glass Castle”

A memoir I would love to pick up that has been recommended by so many peers. The book follows this dysfunctional family, but the children try to become independent of the family itself.

3) J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter” Series

I really enjoy watching these films, I really want to dive into reading the books themselves. I have always heard to read the book first and then watch the film, but that does not always happen. I am such a Harry Potter stan, I would love to read this whole series.

Books I would like to read based on recommendations from friends and social media:

1) Kirsty Logan’s “Now She is Witch”

This story follows to women who join forces and shows the power of witchcraft, poisons, and sexuality out of dealing with loss and the desire for revenge.

2) Sarah J. Maas’ “Throne of Glass” series

The story follows an assassin as they enter a corrupt kingdom led by a tyrannical king and the bond built and conspiracies found.

3) Suzanne Collins’ “The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes”

A prequel to “The Hunger Games” trilogy, where the story follows young Coriolanus Snow.

4) Juno Dawson’s “Her Majesty’s Royal Coven” Trilogy

Four young women take an oath to join Her Majesty’s Royal Coven, a witch community, where the author also explores gender and the corrupting nature of power.

I cannot just leave you all hanging without some sort of recommendation list, especially from the books I love to the books I want to read moving forward. Especially as someone who loved the original “Hunger Games” series by Suzanne Collins, I want to read the new book “The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes” before the film is released this year. This is another chance to read the book before the film is released; it is always fun to compare the book and film.