Two Good Things That Happened Today
News

Two Good Things That Happened Today

Good news on 9/5/2020.

45
Two Good Things That Happened Today
https://images.app.goo.gl/y7Z3kXqsiMGgX8Z69

With all the negativity, hate, and chaos in our world right now, here are two positive things that happened today that will be sure to cheer you up.

Hormel Foods announces it will provide free college education to the children of its employees.

https://www.hormelfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/Inspired-Pathways-20200824.1598316973.jpg

Hormel Foods is a Fortune 500 company that comes from small town roots and now serves customers globally. Beginning next year, the company will offer two years of free college tuition to the children of its employees without consideration for the students' GPA or test scores. The students can attend any community college so long as they meet that college's enrollment requirements.

This program is such a great way for a company to give back to its employees.

The Dreamweaver Foundation provided 300 easy-to-use video communication devices to senior citizens.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Carla-Bales-senior-chats-on-video-device-tablet-Dreamweaver-Foundation-submitted.jpg

For over 25 years, the Dreamweaver Foundation has served senior citizens by providing end-of-life dreams. The Dreamweaver Foundation has donated 300 video communication devices to senior citizens at no cost to them in order to make it easier for them to video chat with their loved ones, especially during quarantine. The reactions from the senior citizens that received the devices was overwhelmingly positive, as for some of them this was the first time they'd been able to see their loved ones in months, even through a screen. These devices are complete with modifications for easy use for senior citizens including large buttons.

Bringing families closer together, especially during quarantine, can be a life-changing thing. Feelings of loneliness are very tough among senior citizens, especially among those living in nursing homes and hospice centers, and this device is a great way to help them feel less isolated and more connected to their loved ones.