I Am Good Enough

I Am Good Enough

You don't have to be different or special to be good enough.
7

In a society that tells girls that they aren't good enough, I am here to tell you that you are. You are more than enough.

I have to admit I am the biggest hypocrite when it comes to this topic, because I am in constant battle with myself in feeling that I am not enough. I constantly worry about what others think of me because I live in a society that tells me that I should value what others think of me. I've come across many inspiring quotes on Pinterest and even watched a few of Taylor Swifts pep talks from her "1989" Tour. She speaks of how society tells us we are not this and that, but then she goes to speak of the things we really are not. The following list that Swift states that we truly are not is the most encouraging thing that ALL girls need to hear. Swift states the following: "You are NOT the opinion of someone who doesn't know you," "You are not damaged goods because you've made mistakes in your life," "You are NOT going nowhere because you haven't gotten to go where you want to yet." If there is someone who has endured the most criticism it would be Taylor Swift, and if she can have the confidence to get through the day, so can we.

I get so sick of hearing boys tell girls that they need to wear more makeup or that they wear too much. You know what? I think you should wear as much or as little makeup as you want. You don't need to feel like you aren't good enough for some lousy boy. You are good enough for you, and that is all that should matter.

To the girls who think they are too fat or too thin, I think you're perfect. You are you, and that is good enough. I look in the mirror everyday and I pick and choose things that I hate about myself. But before I leave the mirror, I always try to find something I love about myself and I smile. I personally like my eyelashes, so through that I find my confidence. I used to look at myself in the mirror and hate what I saw, but I realized that no matter what I look like, I am good enough.

Find the beauty in the ordinary and you will be happiest. You don't have to be different or special to be happy. You just need to be you, because you are good enough.