4 Things I Learned When I Went From Brunette To Blonde

Going from dark brown to blonde was an experience, let me tell you.

167

As many of y'all know, I went from brunette to blonde last month. I got mostly positive reviews and pan to dye my hair an auburn-y color next. Going from dark brown to blonde wasn't actually as severe as I thought it would be, and here's what I learned.

1. The only people's opinions that matter are mine (and my parents)

Me, for obvious reasons. My parents' opinion mattered as well because they paid for it. Other than that, it didn't matter what other people thought. Did I want to know what people thought? Of course, but in the long run, it doesn't matter because it's not their hair.

2. You can't please everyone 

Now, some of the more traditional folks questioned my hair dyeing. That always comes with things such as piercings, tattoos, and hair dyeing. So far I have 9 piercings, 2 tattoos, and have dyed/bleached my hair thrice. I am a Baby Boomer's worst nightmare! I'm just kidding (maybe). Since the other times didn't involve my whole head, the reactions weren't as extreme.

3. People forgot that I was still me 

One of my professors actually had to do a double take after we came back from spring break because I looked different. I've people tell me that they thought they saw me but weren't really sure because my hair was so light.

4. If it's your hair and your money (or your parent's with permission), then dye your hair whatever color you want!

At the end of the day, you're the one that has to live with whatever color you dye it. Have fun with it! Blue, black, yellow, whatever! Your hair is YOUR hair, express yourself however you want and don't worry about what other people think. As long as YOU love it, that's all that matters.