God's not done fighting for the lost heart

God's Not Done Yet

Trusting God to Save Others Like He Saved You

183

Anyone who chooses to follow God during their life on earth, has a beautiful and special love story of how they came to know Him. For me, God was in constant pursuit of my heart while I was running in the complete opposite direction. He literally removed me from the path I was on and through his ridiculous grace, placed me within guardrails onto a better path. While I was running away from Jesus, my Christian friends and family were concerned for me. But their warnings did not create any real desire in me to change. I needed a God-sized movement to restructure my life.

I can imagine the frustration, worry and anger that was going on in their hearts as my friends and family watched me fall further and further away from a walk with God. But what they didn't know, and what I didn't know, is that God was chasing me down that path the entire time. He was following me into all sorts of trouble, just so He could be ready to save me.

Who are we to put a period where God is still writing the story? If God's not glorified, he's not done yet.

It's our job, as Christ-followers to carry the message of God to others. This means loving others, like Jesus: spending time with people who aren't like us, helping others who are in need, giving generously, and so on. But it's actually not our job to become anxious over when someone will come back to God, or meet Him for the first time.

Now God can and will use us to lead people to a relationship with Him. That comes from bold faith, wise words and the right moment, which all have to be from God, himself. Growing frustrated and hurt by someone's decision to reject God is not the same. Worrying is not from God. There's a difference.

Reject feelings of panic and anxiety over someone else's faith journey. Trust that God's reckless love will find that person, just as it found you.

And when you're really overwhelmed, think of how far God had to chase you, how long He fought for your attention and how he made a way to get to you. Then remember, you're just one story of the many hearts He has captured. Trust in God to never give up. He's still fighting for that person, just like He did for you.