How to overcome your battles?
Religion

Let God Fight Your Giants

No matter how big our battles are, we have a God who is bigger and stronger.

243
Let God Fight Your Giants
Personal Photos

Every year around this time, I become extremely anxious. Another school year is about to begin and I don't want summer to end. The thought of homework, papers, tests, presentations, and projects makes me anxious. I even have trouble sleeping because my mind won't shut off.

I become stressed, tears flow down my face from being so overwhelmed, and I usually feel like I'm 10 feet under and can't escape. As I sit here and reflect over the past three years of college, I realize this is a recurring feeling that doesn't have to be there. I sit here in the realization of how I've let the enemy take ahold of my life during this time before school begins.

This year, I am challenging myself and any of you reading who may struggle with this same battle or another battle, to not let the enemy tear you down. Instead, trust and know that there is someone who is greater than these temporal battles and that there is someone who can carry these burdens for us. We don't have to fight our battles alone.

One of my favorite Bible stories is the story of David and Goliath. In 1 Samuel 17, there is a war between the Philistines and the Israelites. There was a Philistine warrior that stood over 9 feet tall named Goliath.

For 40 days, he challenged the Israelites. He wanted to fight one-on-one and then whoever won that battle, would win the war. The Israelites were terrified, but when David heard about it, he volunteered to go into the battle. He knew God was with Him because of God's faithfulness to him in the past. All David had to do was go and the Lord was with him. He trusted that God would protect him through it all. Exodus 14 tells us The Lord will fight for us.

So, he went to the stream and found five smooth stones to use with his sling to fight Goliath. Goliath laughed when he saw the young boy, but David told him that God was with him and there was no weapon that could match Him.

David grabbed the first stone and his sling and *whoosh!* He hit him right in the forehead. David won the battle. And all he did was stepped up and trusted God. The Philistines fled because of David's great courage. God had a big plan for David; he eventually became the king of Israel.

This story was a great reminder that I have a God who loves me and who will fight my battles for me. I may have all these "giants" in the world that seem to be bogging me down at the moment, but I still have someone who's already won the battle for me.

The ultimate battle that was won 2,000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross. I shouldn't be afraid of what life throws at me. I have an eternal hope that is better than anything this world could ever offer.

So if you are in a funk because of school or another season of life, just remember that we serve a God that will carry us through any situation and all we have to do is trust Him.

Rely on His strength and not your own. Let Him guide you through all of life's battles. You don't have to face them on your own. Isaiah reminds us that He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Isaiah 40:30-31 says, "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Through this story, we know that no matter how big our enemy is, God is bigger and stronger. Trusting Him is the best possible place to be. His arms and in His protection. When giants come into your life, rely on Jesus to help you defeat them. He helped David and He'll help you. Your battle belongs to the Lord. So friends, just run to Jesus. He's there with open arms ready for you to trust Him.