God Does His Best Work In The Most Tragic Times

Romans 8:18: “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
43

With all of the natural disasters our world is currently facing, it isn't abnormal to question God's presence and purpose in the midst of it.

Why does God use hurricanes to devastate families, depriving them of their homes, belongings and even loved ones? Why does God allow earthquakes that cause immediate danger to people around the world? Why does God not intervene to prevent heartbreak from those we thought loved us? Why does God not put a stop to cancer as it kills so many innocent people?

It's okay to be a believer and still have these questions because if we're honest, it just doesn't make sense. But what I do believe to be true that God has a purpose through all of the suffering, devastation and heart break.

Contrary to what some believe, God never promises us a perfect, painless life. Actually, in John 16:33, God promises us that we will face hard times. “In this world you will have trouble”. The remarkable part is the promise that follows, "But take heart! I have overcome the world".

So yes, even though God doesn't cause horrible things to happen, he doesn't always put a stop to the hurt, pain and suffering because He likes to remind us that he has overcome the world so that we can delight in His promise to protect us and help us grow.

It is in the toughest situations that we grow the most. We learn a new appreciation for the promises God provides. We trust in his almighty plan over the worldly troubles we may be faced with and therefore establish a deeper faith than we initially had.

We can only imagine the pain and heartbreak that God experienced when he allowed Jesus died on the cross for our sins but God allowed that to happen so that something even greater could persist in the future; eternal life for us.

Our suffering will be nothing in comparison to the goodness that is yet to come through the endless love God has for each and every one of us. We just have to prove our faithfulness and ability to keep on when things get hard.

So yes, it doesn't make sense that bad things happen, especially to good people and to believers but it is happening for a reason and you are going to come out an even stronger believer on the other side. Just keep faith and never stop believing.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts". Isaiah 55:8-9