Best Hulu Shows Binge Watch

13 Glorious Shows You'll Find On Hulu For When You Need A Step Back From Netflix

You'll be spending the entire day binge-watching "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" from now on. In a healthy way.

144
Giphy / Brooklyn Nine-Nine
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4JySAWfMaY7w88sU/giphy.gif

Ever feel like you've exhausted your channel surfing abilities, so you transition to your go-to channel? And from there, you once again can't find any luck because you've already watched all the shows they're playing? Never fear; Hulu has so many shows available for your taste that you'll be shouting from the rooftops when you first get your account. It's so underrated, and I've just found myself spending my free time watching as many shows as I can on Hulu at the same time.

So if you've just gotten your Hulu membership and need to be directed down the right pathway, these 13 shows are sure to fill up your time with laughter and genuine happiness. You'll never need to channel surf again.

"South Park"

Think you've seen all the good cartoons? Try again. "South Park's" humor is a clever mix of true humor and cringe, and sometimes, you'll be shocked that what you heard made it on TV. It's definitely one of those shows that you tell yourself you won't be able to keep watching in one sitting, but five hours later, you're already on season 12. There's a scale to measure how binge-watch-worthy a show is, and that depends on how many seasons there are and how long the episodes are. Though these episodes are only 20 minutes each, you still have over 20 seasons of episodes to enjoy, with a slew of episodes in each season. So go crazy!

"Rick and Morty"

You'll be breakdancing the whole time you're watching this show!

Don't worry; I'm not a crazy fan of the show willing to force you to watch it over and over again until you start liking it. The first episode wasn't my taste, but I could say the same of many other great shows. In fact, "Rick and Morty" just gets better the more episodes you watch, and the humor is genuinely similar to that of many other shows in this list. So throw away your dislike of the show because it's become so overrated. It'll surprise you.

"Boy Meets World"

I've always wondered if that lipstick washed off her face easily afterward.

I remember the range of emotions I felt when I first watched the entire show in fifth grade. This would come on cable every afternoon as soon as I got home, and my fifth grade teacher would show episodes of it to us after lunch on some days. "Boy Meets World" honestly taught me so much about the real world in a way that other shows can't simply because here, real-life events aren't blown out of proportion. Plus, watching Topanga become confident in herself gave me a huge confidence boost of my own.

"The Simpsons"

You know this show just as well as I do. "The Simpsons" is one wild ride, so sit back and watch the madness unfold.

"Saturday Night Live"

I love the concept of "Saturday Night Live" and how not one episode is exactly like another. At the same time, I don't even have to watch the episodes in order to understand what's happening because each one is independent of the next. Plus, to see some of my favorite celebrities join in the craziest of skits makes me laugh beyond control. If you ask me, I thoroughly enjoy the sketches that no one can understand properly, like this one.

"Fresh Off the Boat"

If she starts singing, don't think it's an invitation to steal her spotlight.

There are those rare days that I may question my Asian heritage, but "Fresh Off the Boat" is such a comfort. Its humor subtly teaches lessons about the importance of embracing who you are, and the dysfunctional main family makes me appreciate my large family even more. Plus, Constance Wu is an icon (as always).

"Key and Peele"

Oh my goodness, comedy sketches have never been funnier. "Key and Peele" is perfect to have on in the background while you're working and need something funny to listen to, or you can just spend the whole day lounging around and watching their skits. It stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, two of the funniest comedians I've witnessed on television, and each show has a routine that you become addicted to. First, the episode opens with the two discussing a random topic that they may argue about, and that's how they transition to the first sketch. One by one, they go through the same path for each sketch presented throughout the episode, with some overlapping theme across all skits in that one show.

"The Amazing World of Gumball"

What is Gumball wearing? So many questions, so little context.

It seems strange that I'd include a Cartoon Network television show in this list, but "The Amazing World of Gumball" is one of the most cleverly hilarious cartoons I've ever seen. Imagine the Wattersons, a family consisting of a teenage boy Gumball, his fish-like brother Darwin, his younger and smarter sister Anais, his constantly-angry mother and his scarily oblivious father. Now imagine them taking on some of the most dangerous situations a family can accidentally get into, like that one time Gumball and Darwin stop a robbery from happening. It's insane, and you'll be wanting more after each show.

"Malcolm in the Middle"

Not having Hulu is like having a rock hitting your eye! It just doesn't feel good.

Hands down one of the best shows to exist. It's the funniest show a sibling can watch, but I can't begin to explain why. You just have to watch "Malcolm in the Middle" and tell for yourself.

"Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

A dysfunctional precinct with some of the strangest characters created to-date? Don't mind if I do! With "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," you'll be crying, laughing, singing and screaming at everyone without realizing, all while admiring the caring friendship Scully and Hitchcock have. Maybe you'll just spend the whole time wishing you had a friendship like theirs.

"Seinfeld"

There are good comedies, and then there are classic comedies. You might know Jerry Seinfeld from "Bee Movie," but he also played the main character in the best sitcom from the '90s, "Seinfeld." Just imagine four friends being complete buffoons as they go through their lives, but with less chaos than "Friends," making it more believable. It's still not believable the number of incidents they put themselves in the middle of, but if you're looking for a good laugh, this show is guaranteed to provide.

"The X-Files"

In case you didn't know, Dana Scully is my role model.

This is my favorite show ever. I know I say that often, but "The X-Files" is definitely the best show I have ever watched. I stumbled upon it a few months ago when I mindlessly channel surfed on cable, but after just one episode with no context, I had to know more. The premise is based on two FBI agents, Scully and Mulder, who have completely opposing beliefs about the existence of aliens. While seasons eight and above are absolutely the worst, you'll fall in love with the story every moment before then. Just... don't watch seasons eight and up.

"Bones"

Dr. Temperance Brennan is a prime example of someone who can take mere bones and turn them into beautifully tragic stories.

I think I cried silent tears of joy when I finished the first episode of "Bones" because I'd finally found a show like "The X-Files" that I could binge-watch on Netflix, but sadly (and coincidentally), it was taken down the next day. I'm getting back into this series now, but it's shaping up to be a modern-day version of Scully and Mulder's adventures. If you like mystery, this is the show for you.