When You Give A Girl A Sister

When You Give A Girl A Sister

You've made her life a little brighter and my laughs a little louder.
12

When you give a girl an older sister, you've changed her world for the better.

Giving a girl a sister is much more than one would realize. She now has someone to look up to, tell all her secrets, and annoy daily. You have given her someone to confide in and learn from.

Some girls are blessed with just one older sister, I was blessed with two. I have two bright and beautiful women to guide me through the ups and downs. I was given two women to learn from and navigate the waves of life with.

When you give a girl a sister, you've given her someone to blame for everything. Being the youngest sibling, you know your sisters will be blamed for everything before you (sorry guys!) It's okay, you'll laugh about it a few years down the road.

When you give a girl a sister, you've given her someone to argue with daily. Small bickering throughout the day is a given and it's typically about who has the bigger attitude that day. Giving a girl a sister gives her the opportunity to have her biggest fan and occasionally worst enemy all wrapped in one. Regardless of the fight, the next day you'll be texting each other to meet up for ice cream.

When you give a girl a sister, you've given her someone to recite entire movies with and sing at the top of her lungs in the car with. Giving a girl a sister involves giving her someone who can handle the weirdest aspects of her personality. You've given her someone she can eat an entire pizza in front of and not feel ashamed.

When you give a girl a sister you've given her a shoulder to lean on. Even if your sisters are more of the "rub some dirt on it, suck it up, and get over it" types like mine, they still know when you truly need them. They will be there the second you call, even if it's just to chug a bottle of wine.

When you give a girl a sister, you've given her a chance to grow. You've given her a hand to hold when life gets rocky and someone to laugh with at family parties. You've given her someone who understands how she's feeling simply by a look and she knows your bluffing face better than anyone.

When you give a girl a sister, you've given her a very judgmental, second mother. Her opinion on how you look, who you like, and even those you associate with will be important. Just trust me, she knows better than you may think.

When you give a girl a sister, you've given her someone to aid in boredom. When you have to go to the store for your parents or get the car cleaned, your sister is right there willing (not always) and able. You may have to bribe her now and again, but eventually she'll cave.

Giving a girl a sister is an important gift. It's a partner in crime, a best friend, and a role model wrapped in one.

I thank God every day for being given the sisters I was. I wouldn't be the young woman I am today without them. My sisters are my heroes, and I'd be lost without them.