When You Give A Girl A Compliment

When You Give A Girl A Compliment

Compliments can go deeper than the surface.

287
When You Give A Girl A Compliment

Let’s face it, it’s a confidence booster to look nice. Maybe it’s a Monday morning and you decide to start the week off by wearing your favorite outfit. Maybe you decide to wear your hair down or curl it to spice things up. Maybe you decide you’re going to wear lipstick to work or class because why not. Whatever it is, it seems as though when you look your best, you feel your best. When other people acknowledge how nice you look, your self-esteem seems to skyrocket. It's wonderful to surround yourself with that positivity. Honestly, compliments about someone's appearance could make his or her day! I know they make mine.

However, good looks and nice wardrobes don't always solve everything.

I've always tried to surround myself with genuinely good people: people who are kind to others and help me feel like the best possible version of myself. While that seems like a cliché sentence or common sense, I’m not necessarily talking about those friends who just tell you what you want to hear (not what you need to hear) or those guys who tell you how pretty you look.

Yes, all of that is amazing and raises your self-esteem, but your friends like youfor your personality and they want the best for you. Lately, I've felt incredibly grateful for everyone in my life and it's made me think about this idea a lot: When you give a girl a compliment, compliment her. If she looks beautiful or she's wearing a really nice dress, then, of course, it's always nice to tell her so. However, don't forget to acknowledge the beauty that goes on beneath the surface.

Don't forget to compliment her kind heart.

Don't forget to compliment her awesome advice.

Don't forget to compliment her passions, desires, and quirks.

After all, those are what make her the person that she is...

Like most girls, I'm extremely thankful for the kind comments on my social media, or the compliments I get on a new outfit.

Yet, I am the happiest I've ever been in my life because I'm surrounded by people who support me. I'm surrounded by people who compliment my writing, people who appreciate my advice, and people who tell me that I should not settle for less than I deserve. These are the kinds of compliments that I hold near and dear to my heart and you should too.

Yes, you may feel your best when you look your best, but don't let that be the only thing that holds your head up high!

Be proud of your hobbies, accomplishments, and dreams.

Surround yourself with people who are also proud of these things.

I promise you, when you give a girl any compliment, it will go a long way. Yet, if you compliment her personality, it will surely stick with her for an even longer time.