To The Girl Who Thinks She Needs A Man

To The Girl Who Thinks She Needs A Man

Wait until you are ready.

19
To The Girl Who Thinks She Needs A Man
Pexels.com

I was you about a month ago. My mind was filled with the idea of what having a boyfriend would be like. At least once a day the thought of sitting on a couch watching Netflix and having deep conversations about the world would run across my mind. The thing is I don't really think I want to be in a relationship right now.

Don't get me wrong, if I met a guy that was sweet enough I just might get into a relationship. The thing is though I'm not who I want to be right now. The most important thing to me is finding out who I'm going to be for the rest of my life. Right now I'm in college, I have important classes, and I'm working towards my goal of helping save people some day. I know that having someone in my life someday is going to be a big deal, but having someone in my life while I'm still young is an even bigger deal.

Relationships change you. If you are young and in a relationship with someone who is not right for you that can be cause for disaster. I love people, and forming new relationships, but as of right now I'm in an important part of my life. I don't want to accidentally put a scar on my hopes and dreams because of a boy that wasn't right for me or ready for me.

I know a lot of people are not going to agree with me, and that's perfectly ok. I get it, being in relationships can be beneficial in shaping you. Heck, I'm pretty sure relationships help you grow up. I know what is most important to me though and that is my education and my dreams of helping people actually happening. I also know that I can be persuaded to change my mind about what is most important to me, and if I had a boy in my life that I was completely obsessed with… I might change my mind. Honestly, I don't want my mind to be persuaded to change. I want my current goals to be on the throne of my mind. Don't get me wrong though someday I want a husband and kids, but that is not until I have made my mark on the lives of others.

So the point is if you want a boyfriend I'm not saying don't get one. What I am saying is make sure you're ready and focused. If you are ready for that chapter in your life I'm happy for you, but if you're like me, and know you're mind likes to flip on you, take your time and wait for when you're ready.