Why It's Always Necessary To Have Girls Nights

The most important day of the week has nothing to do with school or holidays.

26
CBC

Two weeks down in A Term and it has somehow felt like 20 weeks. I normally don't take time for myself, going week to week with never ending piles of work that never seem to diminish. I decided enough was enough, I got some of my girl friends together and have a girls night. A gal pal and I went to the grocery store and bought all the food, then get another gal pal to come by and watch some movies. While we did stay up until 2 AM, I learned that girl nights are completely necessary to stay sane while in college.

1. We can complain about everything with no judgement.

College is hard. Dealing with people is hard. Everything is hard. It's so nice to be able to complain about it for a good hour.

2. We also can eat all of the comfort food with no judgement.

For our girls night we got an ice cream tub, whipped cream, two bottles of soda, Pringles, Tostitos, cheese dip and cheese puffs. And it was so worth it.

3. You can talk about the girl things you can't talk about around boys.

The issues of being a female is typically a common topic as well as why boys can just be so hard to understand (or more so, why boys don't understand us).

4. We can talk about people we hate and most likely, they'll hate them too.

Will they ever know that we dislike them with a burning passion? No, but as long as your gal pals know, that's all that matters.

5. We can watch plenty of movies and never stop laughing.

Even in the most serious moments of a movie, we'll find some weird obscure thing to find absolutely hilarious.

6. Catch up on all of the events that you may have missed in the last week.

He got together with HER?! Oh no he didn't! It's a form of exercise to gossip and I take part in it all the time.

7. Singing based on one word you here is totally possible and acceptable.

Whether you start singing Beyonce or a jingle from a commercial, most likely one of the other gal pals will join the singing party.

8. We can play games and diss each other but have no hard feelings.

Or if we're playing Quiplash, it's a matter of how inappropriate we can make the answers.

9. It's also way better to have a night in than a night out.

Will we look good for girls night? Probably but at least we don't need to impress anyone else!

10. Anyone who says girls nights are dumb can...

Enough said!