A Letter To The Girls Who Don't Love Themselves Enough

"You should never feel the need to lessen yourself, your success, your beauty, or your light for another person's sake."

212
Image Credit: Taylor Contarino

To the girl who doesn't love herself enough,

Loving others comes naturally, but what about the most important person in your life- yourself? Falling in love is easy, especially with the right person, but falling in love with yourself is a whole different thing altogether. And it's harder, much harder. But it is so important and necessary for sustaining happiness, satisfaction, and inner peace. Loving others is amazing and such a wonderful feeling, but I feel as though before you can love others, you have got to value yourself and love yourself. You need to believe that you are worthy of being loved, valued, and deserved. Self- love is such an important aspect of life, and it's such a long, tedious journey, but it is necessary for everyone. Not just girls, or teenagers. Not just children, or old people. It does not matter how young or old you are. At every stage of your life, you need to care about yourself enough to only surround yourself with people who respect you, treat you well, and have your best interest in their minds.

You need to be strong enough to put yourself before others, especially when you realize that these people are wasting your time and do not care about you as much as you do about them, We need to respect ourselves enough to leave toxic people behind when we need to do so. If you feel tense, uncomfortable, or hurt, listen to your intuition and exit the situation or a person's life before you start allowing yourself to get mistreated.

Confidence is so important in this day and age, and you should never feel the need to lessen yourself, your success, your beauty, or your light for another person's sake. Let your light shine. You are not lesser than anybody else in the world. Don't let yourself break over tiny mistakes or by others finding flaws in you- it is possible that not everyone is going to love you, and that's uncontrollable, and ultimately, okay.

You are going to make so many mistakes in your lifetime. You're going to say the wrong things- and sometimes, these little accidents may cost you. Sometimes, you will get lucky and these mistakes will fall under the radar, and will not affect you at all. No matter how large the scale of the mistake is, you need to clean up after these mistakes, make things right with others, and then allow yourself the peace of mind of accepting that mistake, choosing to make things right with all parties it affected and forgiving yourself.

Accept that you have flaws, make mistakes, and sometimes you accidentally make the wrong choice and decision. That does not decrease your worth or make you any lesser than who you are.

If someone does not love you back, that is okay. If you get left on read, don't freak out. If you get stood up on your first date with a guy you're falling for, make your own sunshine and move on. Give people chances, but don't let them take advantage. Nothing truly is the end of the world. You can't stress over spilled milk.

So many people will love you over your lifetime- if one boy or one girl or one person does not, that is okay. You need to love yourself, even if someone breaks your heart. Someone might stop loving you- for no apparent reason. Someone might 'fall out of love with you.' But this does NOT decrease your worth.

Instead of letting the things that happen to you destroy you, let them build you up.

Be a great person, but do not waste time trying to prove that you are one to people who do not believe it, or want to see you fall at their feet proving your worth to them.

If you want to live the best life possible, start with yourself. Love yourself. Be confident in everything that you do. Your mistakes do not define you.

Live confidently, fearlessly, and beautifully. Live with so much love in your heart that you have no room for any negativity.

Love,

The girl learning to love herself