Why Girls Love Their Best Guy Friends

Why Girls Love Their Best Guy Friends

Having a group of girl friends is crucial, but every girl needs her best guy friends.

129
Why Girls Love Their Best Guy Friends
Google

There is a special uniqueness to all types of friends. As girls, we have our very select group of girl friends, who we would do anything for. We also typically have a larger group of girl friends that we hang out with, but would never tell our secrets too. Then we girls have our guy friends. Some of our guy friends are those we see in class every day, or occasionally at a party. But a girl's best guy friends aren't just some average cute guys they like to hang around. They are funny, trusting, and respectful - and they deserve some recognition.

1. They're always down to eat food.

Whether it's the week old leftovers you've been avoiding or the large cheese pizza you just walked in the room with, guys will eat anything. The best part is you don't have to feel like a total fatty for scarfing down half a pizza or eating ice cream right out of the carton - guys won't judge because they're too busy raiding the pantry for more food.

2. They tell you if you look good, or not.

Most of the time guys couldn't care less what we wear when we are just lounging around. They won't go out of their way to comment on our appearance unless we look really, really good, or really, really bad. Especially if you are trying to impress another guy, guy friends will tell you straight up what is and isn't acceptable.

3. They keep secrets.

Guys have way less drama than girls, obviously. When you're gossiping to your guy friend about someone, odds are everything you are saying is going in one ear and out the other. It's just the nature of guys, to be good listeners. Your guy friends can just keep a better poker face than your girl friends.

4. You get the best new music from them.

No matter how on top of all the newest mixtapes and artists we are, our guy friends always seem to have the next best thing. Your best guy friend's Soundcloud or Spotify playlist is the go-to for any occasion.

5. They are the best wingmen.

From experience, going with a guy friend to a party is so much more laid back than going with girls. He isn't worried about what time you show up or what time you want to leave. Your guy friend is going to be looking out for you no matter what, and he will always be trusting to give you a safe ride home.

6. They enjoy sports as much as you do.

You don't have to play a sport to be a fan of it. Watching the big game with someone who actually knows what is going on, and knows more than two players' names on the team is so satisfying. If your guy friend happens to play a sport it is even more fun to go and cheer him on.

7. They know a good guy from a bad guy.

Believe it or not, when it comes to boy advice, guy friends can spot a fake from a mile away. So when you are going on and on about that one guy that lives in your building, your guy friends will let you know what kind of guy he really is, whether he's a total gentleman or a total clown. This doesn't mean that your guy friend is trying to keep you from dating other guys, it's just that he doesn't want to see you hurt.

8. There is no pressure.

We have all been in that awkward situation where you're just casually at home, hanging out with your guy friend and aunt Judy decides to ask "how long have you two been seeing each other?" -- Immediate eye roll. Then you have to remind your aunt Judy how totally gross it would be if you two were actually a couple.

9. They have the newest video games.

Sometimes it's so nice to just sit on the couch and nerd out, and let's face it - our guy friends practically do this for a living, there is no way we are going to win a game of FIFA or NBA 2K, even if they take it easy. Video games are like a second language to our guy friends and whether we mean to or not, somehow we always get sucked into playing the newest games.

10. They act tough but have the biggest hearts.

Underneath the facial hair and smart a** comments, there lives a big heart in our guy friends. It doesn't show through all the time -- because that would defeat his manly hood. But when we are really having a tough time or not being our quirky selves, they can pick it up pretty easily - and know that we just need a little hug.