Girl's Guide To Moving On

Girl's Guide To Moving On

Operation Move On is Fully in Action

22
Girl's Guide To Moving On
Google

Whether he is the boy that got way, the boyfriend who you thought you would be with forever, the friends with benefits that ended roughly, or even the best friend you are secretly in love with but only sees you as a friend, moving on can be rough. It can feel impossible, but it really is possible. So here is a Girl's Guide to Moving On. (Also, I wanted to mention that this article contains male pronouns. However, this guide to moving on can also be helpful for girls trying to move on from other girls. Love is love and heartbreak is heartbreak.)

1. Get closure.

When it comes to breakups and heartbreaks, there are so many unanswered questions. Did he stop caring about me? What went wrong between us? Was it something I did? The list goes on. But if you are left with a ton of unanswered questions, it makes moving on a lot harder. How are you supposed to move on when you are up every night wondering the answers to all of these questions? Now I get it, sometimes it is hard to get closure. Maybe numbers were blocked or maybe you feel uncomfortable talking to the boy that broke your heart. However, if you are able to get the closure, then do it! Whether you text him asking for closure or even meet up to get lunch and talk, it is better to get the answers to all of your questions. You will be at peace once you get the closure.

2. Cry.

Cry it out baby girl! Cry about how you are hurting and how you feel terrible. Crying is important- it makes you stronger. Nothing is weaker than bottling everything up and pretending that nothing hurts you. Plus, getting a good cry out feels good! It helps you to let go of all of the emotions building up inside you. But do not worry, you will not be crying over this boy forever. As time goes on (and as you use this guide), you really will move on. That beautiful day will come when you have nothing left to cry about. That day will come when you are moved on and do not feel the need to cry. But until that day comes, do not be ashamed to cry it out into your pillow.

3. Hang out with friends.

Truthfully you may not want you. You may just want to cry into a bowl of ice cream while watching "The Notebook". If you do go out with your friends, you may have a miserable time. But you need to go out. See, the issue with moving on is that the guy takes over your life. He consumes all your thoughts and conversations. He is all you can think and talk about! You need to live for you; you need to live your life. Besides, hanging out with friends allows you to spend quality time with the people you love! So even though you may want to cuddle under a blanket and cry, try to go out once in a while that way you are having fun and living your life!

4. Have some alone time.

It is important to spend time with friends, but alone time is necessary. It is normal to need some alone time when dealing with heartbreak. So whether it's thinking about all the stuff that happened between you and this boy, watching Netflix, or even torturing yourself by going through old text conversations and pictures shared with this boy, time alone is needed. Just make sure to socialize once in a while!

5. Try to avoid torturing yourself with nostalgia.

At first, you will not be able to help yourself and you will go through all the old text messages and pictures. You will squeeze the teddy bear he gave you and cry because you perfectly remember the day he gave it to you. This is normal and expected. But once you feel strong enough, let it go. Do not torture yourself with nostalgia. So whether you delete the pictures or put the teddy bear in the attic or garbage can, let the pain go.

6. Retail therapy.

Shop until you drop! You deserve some cute clothes after all the pain you have been through! If one good thing is going to come out of heartbreak, it should be some new clothes. Say goodbye to your ex and say hello to the mall!

7. Start a new TV show.

Starting a new TV show is very fun and very addicting. The beauty of starting a new show is that it is distracting. It will help you to forget about the jerk that broke your heart. Plus, watching a good TV show will make you happy! Also, it will help you to live your life for you. Instead of sitting in your room sad about him, you can binge-watch your new show!

8. Vent.

Venting is important, whether you vent through talking to friends or writing in a journal. It is unhealthy to keep feelings bottled up. Once all of your thoughts and emotions are out in the open, you will not have any feelings left in you. You will have let the pain go. As a girl who can never shut up, I can honestly say that there have been times when I have had no words left. I literally said everything I possibly could about the boy that broke my heart. Not having anything left to say is good, it shows growth and it shows that you are getting over him.

9. Stop the creeping on social media.

Let's be real, we have all crept his mom at 1 in the morning and his ex during class. We have gone through all of his social medias to see what he is up to. However, the creeping needs to end. Giving in to the temptation every now and then is fine, but stay strong! If you can hold back from the creeping, then do it. It is not worth it to waste your time creeping on his life when you can live your own life! It does not matter who he was with at the party last night or who he recently followed on Instagram. Stay strong and don't creep.

10. Find a new guy.

This is hard, scary, and complicated. Do you wait until you are fully moved on? What if moving on takes longer than expected? How far do you go with the new guy? Are you ready to put your heart out on the line again? It can be tricky. My advice is to listen to your heart, do not just throw yourself onto someone new. If your heart is telling you that you are not ready for a new boy in your life, then do not go out and look for one! The idea that "the best way to move on from someone is to get under someone else" only works if you are ready. Do not do something that you will regret, or that will be damaging to you. However, if you feel as though you are ready to talk to a new guy, then do it! Wanting to find someone new is a great sign of improvement. It shows that you are moving on! If you can picture life without the boy who broke your heart, then you are doing an excellent job of moving on, if you are not fully moved on already.

Moving on sucks. Heartbreak sucks even worse. But it does get easier with time. So with the help of time, this girl's guide, and the company of good friends, you will be over this boy before you know it!