4 Questions I Have For Every School About Your Antiquated Girl's Dress Code

If schools have a dress code, why not have a deodorant code, too?

136

Dress code has been controversial ever since I could pick out my own outfits in Elementary school. I did not know why I could not wear what I wanted because of how the opposite sex would view me as. Now that I am old enough to know the reasoning behind it, it sucks even more. Girls have to cover up because boys weren’t raised good enough to know how not to degrade women.

1. What is so sexy about a shoulder and a kneecap?

Maybe I am too oblivious to know how the skin over my joint is too distracting to learn, maybe I am missing something. When I pick out a shirt I do not think to myself “I am going to wear this sleeveless one, it will drive the boys nuts for sure.” This is just me, though, maybe other girls think differently. Most of the time I cannot help the fact that certain body parts show, blame the people that make a cute shift a certain way. Also, if I am paying on average $25-$40 for a shift, you’re damn right I am going to wear it when I please and not give two shits what you think about it.

2. If schools have a dress code, why not have a deodorant code, too?

Anyone will agree with me that your stank ass is more distracting then that girl’s spaghetti straps. If appearance is going to be regulated for being distracting, why not other things, also. I think your greasy hair is getting in the way of my learning, but there’s not showers or dry shampoo in the office, but they do have ugly secondhand extra-large t-shirts ready for any girl whose straps do not measure at least three fingers, because that extra finger ready sets off the horny ninth grade boys.

3. Why isn’t appearance distracting when you get to college?

I’ve seen someone show up in bathing suit to a final, and we all still managed to complete the exam. I can tell you that the boys in college have definitely not grown up, and might be worse than high school. Wearing whatever you want actually takes stress out of school, it is one less thing to worry about. Being able to go to class in what you have one when you leave the pool or just rolled out of bed, is the most stress-free thing. We see shoulders and butt cheeks all day when it gets warm and we all still manage to get out work done, so why is it such a serious offense in high school?

4. How come schools without dress codes don’t have a problem?

If the rule isn’t there, there is no urge to break it. Most of the time girls will see how far they can push the rules, but if there are no rules to push, then what’s the point? Either have uniforms or no dress code, taking one pressure away from already stressed out students.