You May Be The Girlfriend Of A Military Man If...

You fully understand the hardships of deployments but still could do without them.

472
@jacimariesmith/Instagram

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you have someone in your life (dad, grandpa, brother, etc) who is in the military as well because the military life isn't commonly chosen nor is it romantic. It takes a special kind of person to stay strong in the trials and be faithful from distance.

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you get excited about FaceTime calls because it's always a struggle to find time even just once a week to FaceTime each other. Let alone just call each other on the phone. FaceTime dates become the closest thing to real dates. But even phone calls are clutch, yet, you're most definitely the girlfriend of a military man if you know what it’s like to have to hang up mid-conversation.

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you can't stand when people complain about missing their boyfriend for a couple days. Like c'mon, really? Three days apart? Cry me a river, I'm on day 98.

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you are suddenly followed by a million different military Instagram accounts. You find yourself connecting with military wives and girlfriends all over the world and sharing each other's trials and triumphs.

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you know what a rigger is. If you can explain to others exactly what your man does in the military IN military terms and dissect it like your man used to do for you, you're definitely the girlfriend of a military man. You also may be the girlfriend of a military man if you know the difference between enlisted and officer. As well as the different ranks and their uniforms.

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you fully understand the hardships of deployments but still could do without them.

You know deployments mean danger and distance and less communication than you've ever known before - but you do it because he's worth it. OR if you haven't been through a deployment yet, you know exactly what's coming and you still choose him.

You may be the girlfriend of a military man if you know what Semper Fi means, what PT stands for, what MARSOC stands for, what MECEP stands for, and what the BX and/or PX is. Along with many other various terms that sound like a foreign language to others.

You're the girlfriend of a military man if you're strong, selfless, brave, and courageous. If you know there will be distance, danger, and days spent wishing it were easy, yet you still choose this love - you're heart belongs to a disciplined, respectable man of integrity in uniform.