From the Girl Who Wants Kids AND a Career

Being a mom AND having a career are important to me, and that's ok too.

18
http://www.workingmother.com/sites/workingmother.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/frazzled_mom.jpg?itok=ZGgtyGqO&fc=50,50

I dream of my future all the time. I picture living in a small apartment with my husband, a few dogs and having a fulfilling job doing what God has called me to do. But in the midst of all that, I also want to be a mom more than anything. If at first I don't have a great job, a lot of money, or a nice house, at the end of the day as long as I have my family, that is all that matters to me. I feel that God is calling me to be a wife, a mom, and a woman with a career.

I know that being a wife, mom and a woman with a career is going to be challenging, but I think it will be totally worth it. God will give me the strength I need to get through each day. I can't wait to see the look on my future husband's face when I tell him we are expecting kids. I can't wait to hold our first little bundle of joy and stay up at night feeding him or her and singing it to sleep. I can't wait to watch our kids grow up and become wonderful, faithful, God-loving individuals. But I also want to have all those experiences while having a job. If I want to have a family, I need to be able to provide for that family. I am the kind of young woman who thinks that having a career and being a mother is perfectly OK.

I know I won't have kids as soon as I get married; I want to wait a few years before my husband and I have children. But regardless, my main goal in life for my future is to be a mom. I also want to have a fulfilling job doing what I love and what I know God is calling me to do. There is nothing wrong with having a job and children. I am not saying that anyone who doesn't want kids right away, or even at all, have something wrong with them either. What you decide to do with your life is your own business. I just want to make sure people know that it is perfectly OK to have a career and a family at the same time.

So whether you want kids or not, whether you want to be a stay at home mom or a woman with a career and kids, you keep doing you. Be strong, be faithful to God's plan, and know that you are in good hands.