To The Girl Who's Trying To Love Herself Again

"You're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece" - Colors, Halsey

204
Morgan Maassen

To the girl’s who’s trying to love herself again –

At some point in your life, something stopped you from loving yourself. You stopped seeing the girl in the mirror as a friend, and began to see her an enemy. She shifted form and instead of seeing all the wonderful qualities that she possessed, you only saw her flaws and faults, which glared back at you with such intensity that there was no avoiding the pain they caused. And so, that love you once felt for yourself shifted and morphed into a hate that only you know.

Yet, here you are, trying to look at that girl in the mirror as a friend and I want you to know that she’s a friend worth having.

Finding a way to look at your flaws and faults as positives is hard, and journey all in itself, yet it is one worth taking. It is one that you will find both happiness and sadness during as well as moments of triumph and loss. Your journey to love yourself is one that is as unique as you are, and is one that only you will experience, even when there are others there to help you when you fall, because you will fall. We all trip and stumble on this road and that’s okay.

Just know you are worth the good you seek. You’re worth the kindness and love that you spread to others. There is nothing wrong with loving yourself, because you’re the most important person in your life and it’s essential for you to remember that in moments of pain and hate. No one deserves the hate you’ve given yourself for so long, not even yourself.

Remember you’re human and you’re going to make mistakes but that also means you’re going to have great triumphs. You’re smart and kind, beautiful and unstoppable. You’re a force to be reckoned with, and nothing should stand in your way from achieving the greatness you are destined to earn.

Nothing. Not even yourself.

Love,

A girl who is trying to love herself again